A Fool and his Money - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Fool and his Money

USB hookup

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    You know Seadog... that battery life is gonna bug you before too long.

I'd just bite the bullet and get a USB stick... no battery... just attach it and forget about it for 10 or 20 years.
    I don't think I will have a problem on the bike as the Sony is power by the bike when plugged into the USB port in the pod, the only time I will use the battery is if I take it out of the pod and plug in the headphones. Shouldn't give me too much grief I am hoping. Just added up some more songs I am at 611 and the wife just found more cd's I had forgotten about. I have to burn some more GB's up today while its raining. I have no doubt this could have been done cheaper with the USB stick but I have the unit and the sound quality is awesome so I might as well get on with it so too speak. It just dawned on me that the bike music sounds as good and the 600 hundred dollar Altec Lansing system I have on my computer. This computer system turns out some tunes, I can't wait to get the 6 out on the road with the Sony playing the tunes I have loaded.

Thanks 53. I'lll give that a try.

The tunes are getting larger

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I don't think I will have a problem on the bike as the Sony is power by the bike when plugged into the USB port in the pod, the only time I will use the battery is if I take it out of the pod and plug in the headphones. Shouldn't give me too much grief I am hoping. Just added up some more songs I am at 611 and the wife just found more cd's I had forgotten about. I have to burn some more GB's up today while its raining. I have no doubt this could have been done cheaper with the USB stick but I have the unit and the sound quality is awesome so I might as well get on with it so too speak. It just dawned on me that the bike music sounds as good and the 600 hundred dollar Altec Lansing system I have on my computer. This computer system turns out some tunes, I can't wait to get the 6 out on the road with the Sony playing the tunes I have loaded.
    I just counted up how many albums I have on this, I am over 600 songs and 51 CD's on this thing and I am not even close to filling this up, I still have 12 GB left and if I ever get it filled I could ride the entire country and not hear the last song.... its getting better all the time, but I fear I will run out of CD's before I ever get this close to being full.

..... but I fear I will run out of CD's before I ever get this close to being full.
    Make sure you spend more time riding your F6B than you do working on the music files!

Tunes

man cannot live on engine whine alone, one must have tunes to enlighten and enjoy the day, bring harmony to the landscape and all that other garbage.
    I will admit I have a very wide scope on music. Most would look at what I have loaded and scratch their head trying to figure out what it is I like. From Jimi Hendrix to Frank Sinatra, Alan Jackson to Uriah Heep, the Chambers Brothers to the Kingston Trio, Shania Twain to Sarah Maclachlan, George Stait to Leon Russell. I have covered a lot of ground over my 66 years, 2.3 million miles behind the wheel of a semi tractor trailer, I guess I have come far, seem like far! I can settle in and listen to Pete Fountain, Tennesee Ernie Ford or a good dose of Metallica, or Nirvana, music is music and I will listen to most anyone with an ounce of talent.

man cannot live on engine whine alone, one must have tunes to enlighten and enjoy the day, bring harmony to the landscape and all that other garbage.
    I will admit I have a very wide scope on music. Most would look at what I have loaded and scratch their head trying to figure out what it is I like. From Jimi Hendrix to Frank Sinatra, Alan Jackson to Uriah Heep, the Chambers Brothers to the Kingston Trio, Shania Twain to Sarah Maclachlan, George Stait to Leon Russell. I have covered a lot of ground over my 66 years, 2.3 million miles behind the wheel of a semi tractor trailer, I guess I have come far, seem like far! I can settle in and listen to Pete Fountain, Tennesee Ernie Ford or a good dose of Metallica, or Nirvana, music is music and I will listen to most anyone with an ounce of talent.
    What? No Beethoven, no Bach, I have one thumb drive with classical music, perfect for an early morning solo run.