Our front tire on tar patches in the heat

Thread: Our front tire on tar patches in the heat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Retired Highway worker

A friend of mine who is retired from the Michigan Department of Transportation was watching them put down the crack fill and couldn't believe the way they were doing it.
    He said when they made the repair they squeegeed the access tar off after filling crack area. I have seen and run over some that the tar was about 1 inch higher than the road way.
    It does give you the pucker factor. Now when riding alone I try to run over some of them, just to try to get used to the feeling.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    Larry that graphic is true but we all know its not possible. I was riding on a road in Arkansas last week that would have taken me 3 years to make five miles obeying that graphic.

I wish they were that easy. Our snakes run parallel with direction of travel. That's an exit hole squeezer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    I might have damaged my seat a little in Arkansas. 90 degree corners , tar snake overload and 97 degree heat. It was a pucker-fest.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Larry that graphic is true but we all know its not possible. I was riding on a road in Arkansas last week that would have taken me 3 years to make five miles obeying that graphic.
    Oh I understand completely, and only proffered that graphic as general info for people that may not have encountered bad tar snakes or know a good way to approach them when possible.
    Definitely not possible when you encounter ones like below

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

fl1madmax

Yea Buddy there SLICK !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Oh I understand completely, and only proffered that graphic as general info for people that may not have encountered bad tar snakes or know a good way to approach them when possible.
    Definitely not possible when you encounter ones like below

I rode on 129 to 75 from Cleveland to Murphy NC. the road was full of Tar Snakes, because Florida is so Flat and Straight, never experienced the feeling that I did , 96 degrees and winding roads, I've been across US on my Harley but even accelerating in a straight line the F6B wanted to brake the rear tire lose, lots of power small foot print, just have to behave , and enjoy the mountains ! Ride Safe , Ride Often...........so ready to retire, 6 more Months !