Our front tire on tar patches in the heat - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Our front tire on tar patches in the heat

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    Without a doubt, this bike is the worst of any I've ever ridden. I guess it's an unlucky combination of wheelbase, rake, weight and tire....
    Yep and yep.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Yep and yep.
    I'm so happy I found this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I'm so happy I found this forum.
    You're not by yourself. !!!!

I think that with the expectation of once one realizes how the F6B will handle the tar (snakes)... it's easier to accept the sensation and be on the lookout for them

I too... have had my moments with those snakes. I ain't skeered of them...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I think that with the expectation of once one realizes how the F6B will handle the tar (snakes)... it's easier to accept the sensation and be on the lookout for them

I too... have had my moments with those snakes. I ain't skeered of them...
    You see that pic that Larry posted?? That's the way some of those roads in AR look. I found a couple of them last year.

With a bike this big and heavy, there will be some front wheel movement on hot tar snakes. It's natural for the "anus" to tighten up when the front wheel moves sideways in a corner, because of the hot snakes. Just don't death grip the bars, and all should be good. Just another one of the many road hazards we motorcyclist must deal with. But, I don't like them, either!

I have yet to notice it. Back when I rode the VTX, it was an issue with the guys on the board over there, too. Can't remember the tire size on the 1800X.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hit one the other day in my subdivision on the 81 CB750K and I thought I was going over. It was in the middle of a curve 25 mph zone / I was going about 40mph. I went home and checked the tire pressure and it was fine. I hit the same spot on the F6B a day later and it felt the same way. The next time I went by that snake I stopped and pushed it with my foot. It did not seem like it was squishy or anything like that. It was not even that hot and it was overcast near 65 degrees.
    Steve

Many years ago when I was researching my VTX I hit one on my way to the dealership on my vstar...65 mph going around a corner and the back end came loose...fishtailing at 65 on the freeway...to this day I'm not sure how I saved it...