New Comp-S Slip-On Exhaust for F6B
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Comp-S Slip-On Exhaust for F6B

New Comp-S Slip-On Exhaust for F6B

These Two Brothers Exhaust are now available and ready to ship. Availability is still limited so, if you want to be one of the first to have 'em, order today.
    There is a set of black & carbon fiber that will look perfect on any F6B. There is also a chrome version available.
    We also have a video on our site (I'll also post link below for you convenience!) that we think does a good job showing the look and sound of these.
    Either way, orders will be shipped on a first come, first serve basis...so get yours today! You will not be charged until the day it ships.

Link to watch video: http://wingstuff.com/products/37101

Me likey!

More stuff to start saving for.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SO close to pulling the trigger on these...best price I've seen online too...

Has anyone tried this product?

I just finished installing it early this morning. First of all, one of TBR exhaust's arrived with gouges and scratches on one of the exhausts near the mounting bracket. This was because TBR didn't put a barrier of some sort between the two pipes in the middle. This caused the pipes to shift and turn during transport, so one of the mounting brackets kept scratching/gouging the other exhaust. The good news is, the scratches/gouges are on the inside of the bike, so at least its hidden... but it would have really been upsetting to wait so long and receive pipes that are damaged. I've already notified TBR they should improve their packing to prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Man, it was a pain in the neck to install. The stock pipes are way easier to install than these TBR pipes. The stock pipes have a fixed connector that connects to the bike's pipe so once it's on, all you have to do is turn the stock pipes to meet it with the mounting bolt under the saddlebags... then Walla, it's all lined up.

But with the TBR pipes, you install an included connector which you insert into the TBR exhaust and connect it to the bike's pipe. You will have to continually turn the connector to it's desired position so the exhaust points to the proper position. I spent a lot of time trying to make the two exhausts even. The TBR instructions say it may be easier to remove the front heat shields (due to the grommet hooks on the pipe that need to slide into the heat shield) prior to the install. Well...I tried to install the TBR pipes without removing the heat shields, and it just didn't work. If you are installing the pipes yourself, you will need to remove the front heat shields. If there are two installers, than you may be able to get away with not removing it. The pain in the ass was lining up the grommet hooks from the TBR exhaust to the heat shields. I thought the front heat shield would be lined up flushed with the exhaust pipe like the stock setup... well, nope... the heat shield actually overlaps the TBR exhaust.

I haven't started up the bike yet. I had to touch up my paint on the front heat shields because when I was trying to initially install the TBR exhaust, I kept scratching the edge of my front heat shields. So I have to allow the paint time to completely dry before I start up the bike.

I'll provide my feedback of these pipes hopefully later today. I'm also working on a video comparison between the stock and TBR pipes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

subscribed……..

My video comparing the Two Brothers Racing pipes to the Stock (2013/2014) pipes

I just finished making the below video comparing the Stock (2013/2014) pipes to the Two Brothers Racing pipes.

https://youtu.be/lrg-caRg130

I hope you enjoy it and find it helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The pipes don't sound too loud from your clip, but what's your take on them?
    Your clip is very different than the TBR clip, as expected.
    Can you summarize your findings?
    Thanks for taking the time to share. Not many do that.

Very good job on that, VP8 . I really liked that you provided different views for sound comparison. It's hard to tell for sure but it seems the drone problem, like we notice from many of the aftermarket exhaust systems, is not so bad with these. What's it like cruising at highway speeds?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Thanks for taking the time VP8, nice video. I was surprised at how nice the exhaust sounded in the "off the line" clips. I was a little disheartened after reading about your install difficulties, but your video may have sold them for me....