New Comp-S Slip-On Exhaust for F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Comp-S Slip-On Exhaust for F6B

Quote Originally Posted by rjmyers4201 View Post
    vp8 - what windshield are you running?

RJ, I have a Cee Bailey's 11" dark smoke windshield.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    It is not required to remove the exhaust in order to remove the front heat Shields. You will need to remove the front lower cowl and protector assembly to remove the front heat shields. Refer to my how to video if you'd like as a reference.
    The protector assembly I believe is what I am referring to. Its the piece that's secured underneath by two nuts. The same ones needed to loosen to install a belly pan. I've an issue where I can't remove one of those nuts now....gives me pause to get the TBR pipes if I would have to remove the heat shields for the install....

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    The protector assembly I believe is what I am referring to. Its the piece that's secured underneath by two nuts. The same ones needed to loosen to install a belly pan. I've an issue where I can't remove one of those nuts now....gives me pause to get the TBR pipes if I would have to remove the heat shields for the install....
    Yes, this is the protector assembly. Attachment 14989

It is possible to install these pipes without removing the protector assembly... but you would need two people to install them. One to hold up the pipes, the other to align the pipes to the front heat shields and insert them into the heat shield's grommet hooks.

Elroy, since you have an issue with your nut that connects the protector assembly and belly pan... you may want to somehow get rid of that nut and replace it. In the mean time... you may want to wait and hear other reviews regarding these TBR pipes. I was the first to post a review and a video of them. Other people may have different opinions of them. The reason I say this is because, one owner posted a comment on my video yesterday and stated he loves the sound of these pipes at idle... however once you reach above 2K RPMs, there is a droning sound. And at freeway speeds, it nearly drives him crazy. You see... for me, it's a different experience... too me, my pipes sound like a race car... and people in front of me can hear me coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya, I need to experience this "droning" for myself to see if it bothers me...I'm used to loud exhaust, so I'm hoping I'd be in the same boat as you. And the nut isn't the problem, it's the bolt its on. The weld on the bolt broke, so the nut just spins and spins....

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Is the sound you hear at freeway speed a nice exhaust note sound or is it a very resonant and annoying hum?
    Horn, I wish I was able to record a video of my freeway experience... that dam wind created too much interference. Well, it sounds like a race car... you hear a low hum at freeway speeds. To me, it's not annoying and I can still hear my music. As I was riding on the freeway today, I noticed drivers ahead of me looking at their side mirror as I was approaching them from behind. I'm happy that they hear and see me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    AKA drone
    I don't know BB. One owner posted yesterday on my YouTube video that he just installed these TBR pipes on his 2015 Goldwing, and he loves the sound of the pipes at idle, however he hears a pretty bad droning noise when the bike reaches above 2K RPM. At freeway speeds he commented it practically drives him crazy.

For me, the sound is consistent of a race car. But these are my very first aftermarket pipes... and the low hum produced at freeway speeds doesn't bother me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2BR exhaust vs. African Grey Loudness throwdown

I recorded the Db level at 3000 RPMS. I thought it would be louder but I find it is more quiet than my African Grey Parrot at full chirp.
    The F6B came in at 90 Db and "Pepper" came in at a ear spliting 99 Db !

I placed the meter was about 4-5 feet behind and 3 feet above the exhaust and about 4 feet from the noisy end of the bird.

I too hard a hard time getting the installation just. I have not had the bike out for an extended run but will do so this weekend (after I correct the left exhaust location)

Attachment 15020
    Attachment 15021
    Attachment 15022

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    I just finished making the below video comparing the Stock (2013/2014) pipes to the Two Brothers Racing pipes.

https://youtu.be/lrg-caRg130

I hope you enjoy it and find it helpful.
    Great, thanks for the share! Very insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac nj View Post
    I recorded the Db level at 3000 RPMS. I thought it would be louder but I find it is more quiet than my African Grey Parrot at full chirp.
    The F6B came in at 90 Db and "Pepper" came in at a ear spliting 99 Db !

I placed the meter was about 4-5 feet behind and 3 feet above the exhaust and about 4 feet from the noisy end of the bird.

I too hard a hard time getting the installation just. I have not had the bike out for an extended run but will do so this weekend (after I correct the left exhaust location)
    Hey there Bigmac. Any more comments after the weekend ride? How was the performance of the new pipes? Droning at all?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these today so would really appreciate your insights. Thanks!

I did get to give it a test or break in run this past Sunday. I went east toward Sandy Hook and south along the shore on Rt36 (max speed 40-50 with traffic lights). Dined at a fine restaurant in Long Branch on the water.A portion of the return trip was taken on the Garden State Parkway and that was for about 20 miles at 65-75 mph.

I had my wife on board and wanted to get some high speed time to judge the noise level and her comfort level with it.
    I had ear plugs available for her and me but we did not need them..Her comments to me was that it was loud at first but she got used to it after a few miles. She did say it was quite
    a bit different from the stock exhaust !(an understatement for sure).

I am using a F4Custom 16" shield on the bike and I my helmet is a Shoei RJ Air 3/4 open face helmet

My thoughts..after the 50ish mile trip. I would say there is a bit of a drone when holding the rpms steady..at 2000 rpm.Snap it up to 3000 and you get what I can say is a Growl !
    You will not be able to sneak up on anybody with this exhaust..be it at idle or on the highway...Varying the rpm will get you different levels of loudness..From a nice rumble at idle, to a bark/growl...My Harley riding buds will no longer ask me if he bike is running or why does it sound like a sewing machine.

Granted 50 miles might not be a true test but it did pass the wife test and I am satisfied with it. I will have a few day long lunch runs(200+ miles) in the coming weeks so I can get a complete evaluation of this exhaust..If anybody gets near the Jersey shore and wants to hear them give me a PM.
    Attachment 15130