hondaf6b.com website slowdown - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hondaf6b.com website slowdown

Mine loads quick, I just wish I didn't have to sign in so often. I click the box to stay signed in but I am still asked to sign in after a a few hours or the next day. Maybe that's the norm on this site, but on some other site's I frequent it's not an issue.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Fast, fun and reliable here on the left coast.
    Kind of like a

The force is strong in this one.....

No problems from Au

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Mine loads quick, I just wish I didn't have to sign in so often. I click the box to stay signed in but I am still asked to sign in after a a few hours or the next day. Maybe that's the norm on this site, but on some other site's I frequent it's not an issue.
    Not sure why that is happening but I use 3 devices and I never sign in. I have an I-phone, Android tablet and a Dell laptop. Like I said I do not sign in on any of them!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Not sure why that is happening I do not sign in on any of them!
    Same here, logged on once many moons ago, but never since on a laptop with Windows 7 pro.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Are you familiar with a basic cleanup?
    1) empty your browsers cache
    2) delete all old cookies
    3) empty your system and user temp folders
    4) view your startup items, uncheck the ones that aren't needed
    5) view your scheduled tasks, delete all of the ones that aren't providing any value
    6) view your browser add ons, uninstall the ones you don't use
    7) verify your antivirus application is licensed and up-to-date
    A simple way to do a basic cleanup is to use CCLeaner, better than that, just google CCLeaner portable, the portable version doesn't make changes to your system, i.e., there is no installation process.
    Yeah, it's a bit time consuming, but will increase performance..

Now, on the other hand, if you have a Mac, you just go to Safari->Reset Safari, and you're done.
    On my Mac, it took a while before I discovered the value of emptying the trash. I thought it did it automatically---come to find out I needed to do it manually. Also, I set up Ookla to check the speed setting on my provider. They don't always deliver what they promise. One more thing, I reboot my modem ever so often.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    What browser do you use? I find Chrome to remember a lot of stuff that others don't.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No prob from Work - Windows 7
    No problen from iphone 6 - Ios8
    No problem from home - Ipad Mini 2 -Ios8
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Thanks

Thanks to all for your responses.

Well, it appears that it is a problem within my computer as I have reloaded Firefox, run CCleaner multiple times, and run Firefox with all add-ons disabled and the site still is very slow with the "waiting on hondaf6b.com" message running for extended times. MS IE doesn't even let the site load and times out.

I use a Verizon wireless broadband modem as I am out in the country and have no access to cable or even DSL. When I run speedtest I get 9-10mb downloads and 5-8mb uploads so that shouldn't be a problem (Yagi antenna on roof aimed at nearest tower 2.4miles away and with low resistance cable 20 ft run to a Cradlepoint wireless router).

After receiving the feedback from all of you I decided to check my internet connection by using my company provided MacBook Air and the site runs fine so again ruling out the internet connection. I don't like to use a company machine for personal use but after the feedback here I decided to at least run this test. Will still have to correct the problem with my desktop mahine.

My old desktop that I built runs an Intel Q6600 overclocked at 3.2 MHz with 4GB fast ram and still can keep up with some of the newer processor machines so that is not the problem. Only thing left is the OS and I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 and it looks like I am going to have to finally breakdown and do a complete update on my OS to Win 7. Been putting it off as it is very time consuming but it probably should be done and this slowdown of my favorite enthusiast website forum is a good reason to take action.

Again, many thanks to all for their input.

Ride safe, compute fast.

X

Running XP will limit your browser options.