Had to let the F6B go... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Had to let the F6B go...

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Sadly, I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition a few months ago and could not ride my F6B anymore. No riding anything actually for over 2 months. I am now recovering and sold the F6 in order to get a smaller and lighter bike so I can stay on 2 wheels. I ended up getting a 2015 CTX yesterday and am just enjoying being back in the wind.

Obligatory pic from this mornings ride.

Attachment 16357

750 or 1300? Personally I like the CTX 1300 better than the B, but long term planning got me the F6.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Look like the 750.

Thanks! The CTX handles great with lots of clearance. It's kind of like a sportbike in the handling department yet has the cruiser ergonomics. Very comfy for me and yes the 60+ MPG is very impressive while still having plenty of power to get me into and out of trouble. I already ordered a Cee Baily shield and OEM hard bags so I can take overnight trips.
    We have one and my wife has gotten 84 MPG several times on it, Honestly more comfortable for me to ride than my F6B.

We also put on a cee baileys shield. Good luck with it!

XKnight--I think it's great that you were able to get back "in the saddle". And, I'm sure you will enjoy the CTX. Ride safe and I hope you continue to recover .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    750 or 1300? Personally I like the CTX 1300 better than the B, but long term planning got me the F6.
    CTX 700. Due to medical reasons I needed a light bike and this is just under 500 pounds. It was either this or the Indian Scout. In the end Honda got my money because it was much less expensive and better suited for touring.

We're all one big family, doesn't matter to us what you ride. Your comments and post are still welcomed on this forum. Get well, soon.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

CTX 700. Due to medical reasons I needed a light bike and this is just under 500 pounds. It was either this or the Indian Scout. In the end Honda got my money because it was much less expensive and better suited for touring.
    I have ridden the Scout----you made the correct decision. Congrats on the new/different ride. Still the same wind in your face!

It has been awhile since i checked in, but I am still kicking and riding. Totaled the CTX thanks to a Crazy Cager pulling an illegal U-turn. Was basically bed ridden for a couple weeks with a broken elbow and other injuries. Got right back in the saddle as soon as I could. This time I bought a Triumph Bonneville. Always wanted one and am glad to just be riding still.

Here's a pic from my Xmas day ride. Happy New Year to all!

I too, love the classic bikes. My uncle rode me on his Bonneville back in the early 60s. Love the new Triumphs.

Congrats. Super picture.

Thanks for the photo XK

Happy New Year