You want a belly pan!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You want a belly pan!

You want a belly pan!

And I do too. I had one but the little screws stripped out to change the oil so I took it off and can't find it. Must have gotten tossed out.

I was on a group ride this weekend with a bunch of different bikes and there were a couple other wings with us. About mid day yesterday the group encountered some chunks of wood in the road and a few of us hit some. I thought I was good but the bike in front of me hit some wood and knocked it right under me. Luckily we only ran over it but I ended up with some wood chips in my radiator guards. I'm sure glad those are there.

Anyway, one of the wings wasn't so lucky. A finger size chunk of wood pierced right through his coolant bottle. He slowly lost the water and put a temporary plug in it with some plastic wrap. So far it's getting him home.

After seeing this happen I'm ordering a new belly pan!

Attachment 14916 Attachment 14918

Damn, that's a mess. Can't get a better endorsement for one than that. Water cooled engine can't get that hot that the belly pan would hurt it. Glad I have mine. Best $40 insurance you can buy for the dark side of your bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

http://wingstuff.com/products/36093-...?from_search=1

This is what I have, strong enough to use a lift to pick up the bike.... for the chromeaphobes you can paint the leading edges black !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

How do you feel about the stainless steel louvered pan, I can pick one up on ebay for 59 plus 14 shipping.

Mother Honda

Sometimes, It seems, our mother Honda, just leaves stuff off that should be included. Speaking of belly pans, I just installed one on my Honda CRF250L dual-sport. It came with a PLASTIC one! Go figure.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    How do you feel about the stainless steel louvered pan, I can pick one up on ebay for 59 plus 14 shipping.
    That's the one I use with the 1/4 turn Dzus fasteners holding the removable front peice for quick and easy access to the oil filter. This pan does what I wanted...helps with stability in strong cross winds and when traveling in the triple digit numbers along with extra protection for the coolant reservoir.
    Tip: be sure to wear gloves when install as the SS belly pan edges are VERY sharp and you will get cut if you install with bare hands.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Hey BGLRY, can this be used with the Fumoto Drain Plug? Thanks, cueman

This is my second belly pan. I have jacked up my bike using a cycle lift with this aluminum pan with no issues.

Attachment 14933
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post

Two things about the Stainless steel louvered pan:
    1) I like the fact that it has holes for mounting instead of slots, don't think this will fall off if the acorn nuts happen to loosen up
    2) You want to think it has a "cooling effect" with the louvers as opposed to the solid version?

But.... the stainless steel doesn't really match the Black F6B, Steve0080 gave a great suggestion to Plasti-Dip the leading edges, that is on my rainy day list.

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Hey BGLRY, can this be used with the Fumoto Drain Plug? Thanks, cueman
    I don't know since I don't use a Fumoto drain Plug.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/