August issue of Rider Touring bike comparo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August issue of Rider Touring bike comparo

August issue of Rider Touring bike comparo

Interesting view points in this issue on the GW, HD, and Indian Touring rigs...All seemed to have some good points, and also some not-so-good, like the front suspension on the GW which was mentioned in the test....After reading this mag and others, I would be willing to bet some hard cash that Honda is about to re-do the GW to compete with some new-comers....????...Perhaps the release of the F6B and Valkyrie is a good way for Ma Honda is use up the stock of 1800 motors and other in-stock parts getting ready to up-date their Touring rig line up...Only time will tell, but in my opinion, with the Victory Vision, BMW1600GTL, Indian Roadmaster and HD Rushmore models, the boys at Honda need to step up to the plate in the next couple years...Article indicates HD touring rigs out-sell Honda by a margin of 12 to 1.....Only time will tell....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    ...Article indicates HD touring rigs out-sell Honda by a margin of 12 to 1.....Only time will tell....Ride safe
    Yup. Don't know if the ratio has changed all that much, but HD tourers and cruisers have always outsold the others.

Any bike night will demonstrate that. Riding what everyone else rides has never been a requirement for me. Never will.

Nobody--but nobody beats Harley at paint or marketing!!!!! NOBODY!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Nobody--but nobody beats Harley at paint or marketing!!!!! NOBODY!
    +1

shooter

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Interesting view points in this issue on the GW, HD, and Indian Touring rigs...All seemed to have some good points, and also some not-so-good, like the front suspension on the GW which was mentioned in the test....After reading this mag and others, I would be willing to bet some hard cash that Honda is about to re-do the GW to compete with some new-comers....????...Perhaps the release of the F6B and Valkyrie is a good way for Ma Honda is use up the stock of 1800 motors and other in-stock parts getting ready to up-date their Touring rig line up...Only time will tell, but in my opinion, with the Victory Vision, BMW1600GTL, Indian Roadmaster and HD Rushmore models, the boys at Honda need to step up to the plate in the next couple years...Article indicates HD touring rigs out-sell Honda by a margin of 12 to 1.....Only time will tell....Ride safe
    Harley , slow. Indian , slow and small. Victory , slow. HD sells more but its a cult following. The Honda is faster , handles better , and I think looks better and definitely rides better. HD is a status symbol. I will never buy a product just to say I own one. Most of those HDs never leave their home county.

When Harley builds a smooth, comfortable and quiet motorcycle I will purchase the triked model. I don't see one anywhere close to the horizon.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

I wouldn't expect any other comments for or against on an F6B web site. I like my Honda, as I did my Harley. Both have good and bad points.
    On the road my CVO Road Glide was every bit as smooth as my F6B. My CVO was faster but it has had major work done to it. My Honda I expect to be longer lived and more reliable down the road as it is a proven platform. The Honda does handle better but the CVO for me was much more comfortable for me. I did sell the CVO to be completely honest it was down to the Honda being 2000% easier to keep clean and less maint.
    However, the Harley held value way better than the Honda, and as mentioned we wont even go into fit and finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    However, the Harley held value way better than the Honda, and as mentioned we wont even go into fit and finish.
    If Honda wants to stay competitive, they need to NEVER release bike with a paint job like I have on my black F6B.
    I just hope that BMW doesn't release the Concept 101, I'd have a hard time not wanting one.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    If Honda wants to stay competitive, they need to NEVER release bike with a paint job like I have on my black F6B.
    I just hope that BMW doesn't release the Concept 101, I'd have a hard time not wanting one.
    +1

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I see this comment about the paint. I have to tell you my 2013 Black is almost show quality. When I got it they had it on the showroom. It had scuffs all over it. 3 hrs with Meguiars Ultimate Compound and then some carnauba wax. Its been great ever since.