Somebody please tell me I'd be crazy to...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somebody please tell me I'd be crazy to...

Somebody please tell me I'd be crazy to...

So the wife and I were at a local dealer to get some new gear. Walking thru their showroom I pointed out a '15 F6B in the matte grey, boy do those look sharp (they also had a set of cobra 6s installed on a black '14. Surprisingly, not sure I actually like the look of them in person). But the wife commented on how much she liked the grey 2015 too! I was pretty shocked because we looked at a Vaquero in flat grey before buying the F6 and she said it looked like a plastic toy. Anyhow, I jokingly said we should trade our '13 black deluxe for the '15. Again to my surprise she didn't immediately object and even brought it up later! Somebody here tell me I'd be crazy and an idiot to trade in our '13 with 5K miles for the '15.

Rule #1: never argue with the wife

... on the other hand, make sure the trade in allowance is what you need to make it worth the transaction.

I'd be asking myself if a paint job(you could choose whatever color you wanted) and a blankety blank electronic speed control would be a better deal?

But then I've got quite a bit of extras and time put into mine that adds even more weight to the paint job idea , if I wanted a different color.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

You sir, are in the quagmire of the single most elusive attribute in a marriage. The convergence of married minds. You're not crazy at all. It's just that the territory you are in is not familiar to you as it only happens rarely, and not in all marriages.

You had better lay your money down quick, before things are restored to "normal" and you're back to doing chores around the house instead of riding!

Oh, and buy a lotto ticket!

It is only money so they say!!!....But how important is cruise control and a different color to you from a monetary standpoint??..I have read of a couple dealers that have really "low-balled" trades on 2013's as you could buy a leftover new one for $14,000 or so O-T-D...I saw one in a dealer last week and was not that impressed, but to each his own....I had mine custom painted at delivery, a House of Kolors Brandywine Candy Red and love the thing....but do whatever floats your boat...If it were me I would hold off at this late in the year and see what the 2016's have to offer....JMHO

I too was thinking about this same deal. The dealership that I was talking to had a great price on the 2015 deluxe at $17,500, but they would only give me 10K for my 2013 standard. By the time you add on tax, title, tag, etc... to the new one... that's almost 9 grand to get new paint and a cruse control. (I already have the passenger backrest and a center stand on my 2013) A little too rich for my blood, but to each his (or her) own. (Having said that... That matte silver is really nice )

My way of thinking is you are sucking up the depreciation of both bikes purchased.. not good...
    If the trade in value were really good, then a bit more fiscally palatable.
    Now, what I'd really do is get it if you want it..
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

If they could work a deal and keep it at around the same payment, I'd do it!

I just brought home my brand Black 2013 today. My son thats 25 says it looks like a cross between a giant scooter and a snowmobile. My wife doesn't know what to think, she thinks it looks really futuristic. Now remember I rode Harleys for 20 years before this bike. This bike is fast,smooth and the most comfortable bike I have ever rode, and I only rode it a 1/2 hour today before it started to rain.

Okay hear ya go "Somebody please tell me I'd be crazy to..." You'd be crazy to.... oops what am I saying? From a guy who just spent nearly two grand to make more noise on a bike he loves just the way it is.......never mind, move along, nothing to see here...

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/