Has anyone ridden a Victory Cross Country Tour? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Has anyone ridden a Victory Cross Country Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Looks like a very bad dealer experience, sorry to hear that.
    Yeah, that Vision was a very comfortable bike. And I do all of my wrenching myself; but since this was an internal oil seal for the front drive sprocket; I took it in to them so that the warranty would take care of it. Nope... they wanted to charge me the non-warranty rate which is higher than what Victory would've paid them.

Oh btw... they also did not reassemble my exhaust system correctly; I developed a pop after I picked it up; and had to loosen every exhaust joint and re-tighten in the correct sequence. They also managed to mar up the rear "M" panel as well.. with something dragged across it.

In all my years of motorcycling, there have only been a few times that I've ever taken a bike into the dealer. And each and every time; something was later wrong with it or repair was not done correctly.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yeah, that Vision was a very comfortable bike. And I do all of my wrenching myself; but since this was an internal oil seal for the front drive sprocket; I took it in to them so that the warranty would take care of it. Nope... they wanted to charge me the non-warranty rate which is higher than what Victory would've paid them.

Oh btw... they also did not reassemble my exhaust system correctly; I developed a pop after I picked it up; and had to loosen every exhaust joint and re-tighten in the correct sequence. They also managed to mar up the rear "M" panel as well.. with something dragged across it.

In all my years of motorcycling, there have only been a few times that I've ever taken a bike into the dealer. And each and every time; something was later wrong with it or repair was not done correctly.
    I totally understand. I had bad motorcycle shops experiences myself.

On the positive note, two weeks ago I rode to Myrtle Beach on my CC. Stopped at Coastal Victory and Indian in Murells Inlet. I wanted to buy some accessories off the shelf and the salesman offered to get them installed for me right then and there. It was around 5pm and they work until 6pm. They installed my new matching grips and shift/brake pads, exhaust and exhaust tips. And, interesting enough, did not charge me for labor, only parts!

I also thought the prices were fair as I always check them out on the internet.

Earlier that day, my friend I and rode to Charleston SC. We stopped at American Biker shop, which deals in Victory and Indian bikes. My friend fully intended to trade in his HD Ultra for a new Indian Roadmaster. He was told that Indian Corp. does not allow them to reduce the price of the bike but that he would get 'a hell of a trade in for his HD'. Well, he bought it last year used for $15k, new is $25k and book vaule on it is $19k. They offered him $11k. He passed, kind of upset, not much of a 'hell of a trade in'.

I have been happy with my Honda dealer, Aiken Motorcycles. Victory dealers remain to be seen, but so far I like Coastal Victory (I come to Myrtle Beach often as we have a place there).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

It has one defect, Polaris owns them

Run from the Polaris company. PERIOD end of conversation!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    ... He was told that Indian Corp. does not allow them to reduce the price of the bike but that he would get 'a hell of a trade in for his HD'. Well, he bought it last year used for $15k, new is $25k and book value on it is $19k. They offered him $11k. He passed, kind of upset, not much of a 'hell of a trade in'.
    To their credit, they didn't specify who would benefit from the "hell of a trade in".