Helmets and windshields
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmets and windshields

Helmets and windshields

I just got a new Shark Evo 3 helmet with the full face on the highway I actually can hear the radio better at speed and the buffeting that feel with my open face helmet doesnt become an issue till I am over 75 MPH. It is also nice to be able to flip the helmet back to a open face helmet.

This has changed my option as now I feel I can probably go with a shorter windshield, Maybe only 11'' as the stock on does the job with a full face helmet on the highway comfortably all the way to 75.

Just thought some of you would find this helpfull

Who knew my face was so not aerodynamic

I tried using a 3/4 helmet at first but was very unhappy because of the wind and noise. I tried a modular but was still too noisy for me. Ended up with a Scorpion EXO 500 full face. Much better with the stock windshield.

Now it's just harder to drink water on the go.

Does the helmet have a vent on the top?
    That's where I get most of the noise from my Shoei.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    Does the helmet have a vent on the top?
    That's where I get most of the noise from my Shoei.
    Yep it has a vent but I dont seem to pick up more or less noice open vs closed.

I wear a Schuberth C3 Pro and have to close the top vent when on the F6B otherwise the noise is WAY TOO LOUD. By comparison, on my Vmax or B-King, the vents can be fully open with very little noise. I use the stock shield on the F6B which works well for me.

I wear a baseball cap with my OEM Honda tall windshield. No wind noise and I can hear the radio fine at 80 mph. I don't recommend this for anyone else, but it works great for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I wear a baseball cap with my OEM Honda tall windshield. No wind noise and I can hear the radio fine at 80 mph. I don't recommend this for anyone else, but it works great for me.
    Ya 80 with a baseball cap isnt going to happen in Miami Just cant bring my self to do the full wind screen

Windshield

I bought my F6B and drove it home then out to dinner.
    On the second day of ownership it got a new windshield!
    i put the Honda windshield on I wish I had shopped around and got a 1 inch taller
    and two to 4 inches wider.

I live 45 minutes from Quickdraw(Windbender Shields). Installed a 11" HPS Dark tint with electric option. I could hear the radio going down the freeway heading for home with it slammed at 11" wearing a half helmet. It will extend to 15" with the push of button. Nice!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I live 45 minutes from Quickdraw(Windbender Shields). Installed a 11" HPS Dark tint with electric option. I could hear the radio going down the freeway heading for home with it slammed at 11" wearing a half helmet. It will extend to 15" with the push of button. Nice!
    that sounds awsome how much was that set up?
    pictures would be cool