First Impressions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Impressions

I've got one of those old guy "fat" wallets. On the bike or in the car I can not have it in a rear pants pocket for very long, spine ends up not happy and a nasty pressure point. 🙈

Mustang

I have a 13 GL converted from GL to f6. Stock seat blah, Corbin could'nt reach the ground, But the mustang is it, much more comfortable and the hight between the rider and passanger works like a back rest.1 inch lower(5'7) so I reach the ground really well.
    Hope u are able to get comfortable and enjoy the F6 as much as I have.
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    Took an F6B out for a test ride, WOW. Comfort, power and good handling....what more could I ask for.....so I bought one.

Driving home after an hour my hip was on FIRE!!!! The pain went away after 5 minutes or so, but had lingering issues all day. HATE getting older. Almost had to stop and immediately get off the bike. This bike is WIDE! My other bike is a highly customized VTX 1300.

Started stretching my hips everyday and will ride her as much as I can to get used to the stretch. Hope this wasn't a mistake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SKSFOX

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    Wow, didn't expect judgement! I DO exercise. Ride a road bike up to 175 miles a week. I have arthritis in my left hip which limits range of motion!
    He wasn't passing judgment. He didn't know you exercised. He is right though. The exercise does help. You asked for a solution and we are merely trying to help. If you don't want a response , don't ask.

Congrats on the new bike!! mine keeps getting more & more comfortable. I rode 1100 miles the last 3 days & am about 1/2 way thru. My Mustang seat is great. Hope the rain I ran thru yesterday doesn't hurt it. This forum has some great tips to enhance your ride.

stretching whilst underway....

My Aero pegs are positioned so I can actually rest my heels on them and stretch my hamstrings at speed. 3-5 times an hour helps tremendously on those 1000 mile days.
    I have two herniated discs and if I keep the hamstrings stretched out, I'm good to go. If I fail to stretch, I find Dr. Johnnie Black and a hot tub.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

To each their own, after 2900 mile trip my stock seat is just fine!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I got a new blue 2015 last weekend. My first ride home on mine left me feeling hip pain. Never felt it again on subsequent rides. I think it was just being a virgin to the new riding position. My other bike is a Suzuki Hayabusa and I was accustomed to the sport bike riding position. I'm good to go now. Love the F6B ride and performance. Now I have 2 great bikes.