Original Valkyrie vs current Valk/F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original Valkyrie vs current Valk/F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    When you say, "not for me" did you mean styling or ride?

I'm confused. Isn't the current Valk the same frame and motor as the F6B and full Wing?
    I agree with valkmc, the new Valk is uhh... visually challenged... Besides I/we needed baggers & two up capability for our style of riding. We can ride our own bikes with twice the carrying capacity then two up once we get to our destination if so desired.
    11206113_10205643438543761_2990808975745807864_n.jpg

I think the new Valk has a slightly hotter engine plus less weight {before adding bags & w/s in needed} but otherwise has close to the same structure as the F6B & GW. Kind of the point by Honda to make 3 different models out of the same platform a'la Harley Davidson. Smart thinking.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Yes the new Valkyrie is the same frame, engine, drivetrain as the F6B and the GoldWing. It does have a beefier front fork, larger front and I think rear tire. Powerwise it's the same but of course being almost 200lbs lighter than a wing it does move out quite nicely. It does have a fantastic ride.

The looks weren't meant for the "older" crowd. It was meant to pull in the younger rider group for sure and that they have succeeded on. All the younger folks love the bike and the looks, as do I. it looks mean for sure. The older more traditionalist don't seem to like it very much but then again Honda wasn't targeting them... I have one, I love it and it is just as smooth and awesome to ride as my Wing and "B".
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

I really like the look of the new Valkyrie, but i needed saddlebags and was afraid it would destroy its looks so I opted for the F6C

shooter
    If I was just going to ride solo I would buy the Valk in a second. IF ..... I didn't have an M109R. That Valk is ugly. When it comes to looks nothing in my mind beats a chromed out 9. That Valk would be a real cornering machine though. The lighter weight would really help.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    I remember that Valk!

Attachment 15013

Remember this one?
    Yea I remember that one, they were great bikes in their day. I had tons of fun on mine!