Extra Gas Option
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra Gas Option

Extra Gas Option

Needed extra fuel, as a precaution, on a ride the other day and I don't like putting gas inside a saddlebag. Had this mini plastic box laying around and with a couple of bungee cords strapped it down between the crash bar and the rear foot peg. Gets plenty of air and stays in place with no problem.

Reminds me of Peter O'Toole in 'Murphy's War'. Looks rigged to me and looks very functional and smart. Good work. Could you balance that out with a container of frozen margarita and a long straw on the other side?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Reminds me of Peter O'Toole in 'Murphy's War'. Looks rigged to me and looks very functional and smart. Good work. Could you balance that out with a container of frozen margarita and a long straw on the other side?
    Make it a Maker's Mark and it's a deal. I like the idea of the basket as opposed to a box for the simple reason of air flow. And when I picked up a couple of things at the store I just plunked it in there instead of opening the saddle bag. It's a poor man's mini tour pak

No offense Sir but that is ridiculous....if you go down and one spark you will be a fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    No offense Sir but that is ridiculous....if you go down and one spark you will be a fireball.
    And if I get T-boned on that side it could burst into flames, however, if I'm on the bike I could get hit by a car and if I don't walk out of my house I may not get hit by a bus and if I get rear-ended in my car with 19 gallons of fuel it could explode, I tend not to live life with what ifs. Anyway, youd better hurry it seems to be catching on, no offense taken.

shooter
    Tax don't care if he burns. He's badazz. Ride on brother.

If I was young, single with a boat load of money maybe I'd be worried, I'm on marriage #3 so I could probably ride through heavy roadwork at 90 m.p.h. with two saddlebags full of nitro-glycerin while smoking a cigar and nothing would happen. Thanks to the prayers and wishes of both my ex-wives and the witches that gave birth to them, God had enough pity on their husbands to take them first, my death will not be that quick or painless, but I'm not bitter.

I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    That looks great ... what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    I finally saw the title, pony tank, that is a great idea. I don't do that much long distance and mostly travel on main roads where gas is abundant so that would be a little overkill for me. This was just a unique situation where I mapped out the route and saw that the gas maybe a little too spread out for me. As I get older I get less daring and this was a temporary solution, I'm sure now that you posted that it will definitely help others, thank you.