How hot do you feel on the F6B when riding on a very hot summer day?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How hot do you feel on the F6B when riding on a very hot summer day?

How hot do you feel on the F6B when riding on a very hot summer day?

Do you feel the heat similarly on an F6B as you do on a Gold Wing 1800 with Air Wings, air deflectors?

In the Atlanta area with the temps into the 90's or higher, I can't stand to ride the Gold Wing. I then ride the VTX. I am just wondering if the F6B rider gets real hot in high temps, as on the Gold Wing. I would assume so, since the fairing is similar. I just want to check before selling both the VTX and Gold Wing to get an F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc1500 View Post
    Do you feel the heat similarly on an F6B as you do on a Gold Wing 1800 with Air Wings, air deflectors?

In the Atlanta area with the temps into the 90's or higher, I can't stand to ride the Gold Wing. I then ride the VTX. I am just wondering if the F6B rider gets real hot in high temps, as on the Gold Wing. I would assume so, since the fairing is similar. I just want to check before selling both the VTX and Gold Wing to get an F6B.
    I can't say about the Goldwing, but I do ride an X with a Windvest and a F6B with Baker hand wings and a very tall shield. The F is warmer of course than the X due to the faring, but I can control the air some what with the hand wings and I'm sure someone will pipe up about a shield with a vent as I don't have one on my F.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Just had this conversation yesterday with a gentleman who owns a 1997 Goldwing 1500. He was trying to tell me how great the Baker wings are and that I really needed to add them to my F6B. I told him that with the stock short windshield I have no heat problems and would not want to alter the look of the F6B with the add on Baker wings.

I have never owned a full Goldwing but I can compare the F6B to a Harley Super Glide, Street Glide and Road King and the F6B is much cooler to ride than any of the Harleys.

Ride safe and stay cool.

X

This is summer one with the F6B. I have an 11" Baggershield with Baker Handwings. I have 5 days of riding in mid 90's with the wings and I can say this bike is no warmer than my unshielded Yammy that I drove for 3 South Texas summers. I like the wings, just takes a bit of work getting the tension right on the locknut so they stay put during high speed flights. I did have the throttle side adjusted to handle 75MPH but the clutch side needed more tightening. Accomplished the clutch side but this afternoon the throttle side could not handle a little joint at 90+. Gave her another crank when I got home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    Just had this conversation yesterday with a gentleman who owns a 1997 Goldwing 1500. He was trying to tell me how great the Baker wings are and that I really needed to add them to my F6B. I told him that with the stock short windshield I have no heat problems and would not want to alter the look of the F6B with the add on Baker wings.

I have never owned a full Goldwing but I can compare the F6B to a Harley Super Glide, Street Glide and Road King and the F6B is much cooler to ride than any of the Harleys.

Ride safe and stay cool.

X
    It is? Good to know. And those Harley's do not have full fairings do they? Hard to believe the F6B is cooler.

I have the 19"vented Baggershield with the Baker hand wings and can control the airflow pretty good with both.I really like having the vent on the windshield it really helps get some good air flow and does help a little with buffeting.Been in 105 degree days as of late and these two things have made the heat bearable-that and lots of H2O stops.

Air temp is air temp.... here in Orlando yesterday the air temp was 97*...it was hot!!! This is the time of year I begin to only ride at night!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    When its hot its hot. The B is no hotter than my M109R. Remember you are straddling 1832 cc's. If you feel the heat is oppressive then don't ride. Some people have a higher tolerance for heat. Learn how to manage heat. I stood in front if a blast furnace for 10 years. That was a long time ago. It taught me how to manage heat. Early morning rides are the key. Daylight to Noon. Wear fabric that breathes. Thin cotton. Mesh coat. Helmet that is well vented. Hydrate , hydrate , hydrate. Stay out of city traffic on hot days. I work out in the heat about 50 hrs a week. If you live in AC , and work in AC then the weekend rides in the heat are a little tougher. Sorry to ramble , hope this helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc1500 View Post
    It is? Good to know. And those Harley's do not have full fairings do they? Hard to believe the F6B is cooler.
    Yes, the engine heat off the Harleys in the summer makes them unbearable when it is in the 90's during the day. I think that the short stock windshield on the F6B helps as it has the air flow hitting me at the face level and this seems to make it feel cooler. A taller windshield with a vent would probably be about the same but as someone else mentioned when the air-temp outside is hot, it is hot on a motorcycle.

Ride safe.

X

All your opinions have been great and I really appreciate the replies. When it is this hot, I do manage my riding times and do hydrate a lot. I keep my skin covered and have mesh gloves and a jacket. Years ago, after riding with only a black mesh jacket, I finally bought a light grey mesh also. Makes a big difference. In the high 60's to mid 70's, I will wear the black mesh. Warmer than that, the grey mesh jacket.