How hot do you feel on the F6B when riding on a very hot summer day? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How hot do you feel on the F6B when riding on a very hot summer day?

Honda has everything else on there Wings including heat vents, why not A/C too. I'm sure the full wings will have it some day. Heck they have a air bag now, still trying to figure out how that works.

They have cooling clothing with a ice chest and a pump. Seen it on Cruiseman garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Honda has everything else on there Wings including heat vents, why not A/C too. I'm sure the full wings will have it some day. Heck they have a air bag now, still trying to figure out how that works.
    Yea for now you have to settle for an aftermarket air conditioning system if ya want one on your scoot.

http://entrosys.com/
    https://youtu.be/1tWzELz66wM
    Here is the non-economy model

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Rode in shorts today in 90 degree weather and my rear was melting ...Possibly from polyester type material that doesnt breathe well...Maybe cotton would be better with the limited air flow with a fairing and windshield..Not going to add air wings at this point until I ride it some more..
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    All of the Harleys I ever had were a heck of a lot hotter than this F6B! Especially the soft tails with the oil bag right under your ass.

But heat is relative, I prefer to ride in every season except summer. Yesterday it was 93 and I was suffering in town. On the road moving it feels like a blast furnace, more of the same today for the ride home from work... I am waiting on the fall for the real good riding....
    At least in Western NC you can go up in altitiude. I am headed up that way Tuesday. Hopefully the Blue Ridge is cooler than North Central Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    At least in Western NC you can go up in altitiude. I am headed up that way Tuesday. Hopefully the Blue Ridge is cooler than North Central Florida.
    Yes sir, you can. But the heat in getting there is something I have tried to avoid. At over 90 degrees and basically 100% humidity I think I'll park mine and ride to work in the AC. I'll see you all on the road when summer is ending.

If you start getting warm...go faster and let evaporative cooling work!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I just road from Ridgecrest CA, (Mohave desert) to Bloomington, IN, via Las Vegas, Grand Junction, Hays KS, KC MO, St Louis, etc.

It was anywhere from 95 to 106 most of the way. I did not experience any heat increase discomfort from the bike at all. My temp gauge stayed smack in the middle the whole way. (even as I stopped to talk with a group of Harley riders that were stopped at a overlook in Utah who were allowing their bikes to cool and their legs to do likewise.). I wore a cooling vest when going across NV and UT. Kansas was just as hot but to humid for the vest to help much. Drank lots of water, road as early in the morning as possible and shut it down by 4 or 5 pm. 2,010 miles in three days. Yes my fan did kick on when I was in traffic in town. It did not kick on at all on the highways.

One word: FLAWLESS PERFORMANCE (ok, two words)