First long ride

Thread: First long ride

First long ride

Hi everyone

Picked up a used 2013 with only 4700 miles a month ago and did my first long ride with it today. Went from fort Lauderdale to tail of the dragon 730 miles. Great bume very comfortable for long trips could of road more easily but for to my destination. Tomorrow will ride the dragon, play in the Smokey mountains and be back home Sunday. Best cross country bike I've had so far. Pretty much stock except for bagger shield and aero pegs.

Moe

Yukyukyuk...sweet Moe. That's how you break her in. Love some pics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Last week, I went out near Charlotte, NC from Norfolk, VA. Just about 350 miles, one say. I hit a couple thunderstorms and stayed quite dry until the traffic slowed to 15 mph. Good ride though. I found it comfortable as well. Like you, I bought it used w/ just about 5800 on it. I crossed over 10k on that trip. I love this bike!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

I'll be on the lookout for an F6B tomorrow Moe. I'll be around the Dragon probably 10:30ish. I have a black F6, and there'll be a Ducati in our group.

Back home in Tampa

After 2,900 miles I return to Tampa. I had a hiccup on day one with a K&N oil filter but after that not a single issue. Across the state on I-4 to visit my daughter in Palm Coast. Next day up I-95 to I-26 headed NW to the mountains temps reached over 100 that day. I made it to Roanoke that night. Next day was lots of rain. Before arriving in Torrington, Connecticut. Return trip take me back thru the Bronx? Dang GPS! To visit an Uncle in Toms River. From his house I-95 back to I-4. Arrived home yesterday 100 miles short of 3,000 miles. Yeah, I think I'll be taking time off of riding the 6 for awhile. Never saw another 6, but I was moving most the time.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

pics from this weekend

Attachment 15051Attachment 15052

was wet but nice riding 1800 miles in 3 day, bike was great

Welcome Moe. Yup you cannot beat this bike down. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking....strong GL heritage.

Coming back was keeping up with a couple of crotch rockets and realized I was passing 110 no problem with plenty to go , I then woke and realized I better back off. This engine is a beast and was great in the Smokey mountains just keeps going and going without having to downshift If didn't want to