What cables will I need ?

Thread: What cables will I need ?

What cables will I need ?

just installed the Helibars. Being a short rider I'm still not comfortable and need to bring the bars back. So I'm thinking of putting back my rocky risers with Helibars. Will I need longer cables ? Or can i work around with stock ones. If I need to order longer cables, which ones will I need and where to order it from?

Thanks.

Rockys and Helibars are the combo I have

you are good. I removed the hose and cable brace completely. You will also need to loosen the nut on the throttle cable At the grip to allow for your preferred bar adjustment, then be sure to tighten it back when everything is where you want it.

Problems I ran into

1-be sure the nut on the bottom of RR is firmly in place. If it falls out in the abyss you will need to go get a square head 10mm and they are a special item. A hex head will work in a jam

2-because the RR is adjustable, adjust the HB in place before assembly in the widest possible position. If not, they will be crooked and you will have to take the dash apart all over again and keep adjusting until they line up
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Wantone,

just wondering if you went ahead and added the Rocky Risers to your Helibars. I'm thinking of doing the same. Did you encounter any problems besides those mentioned. Cheers.