Returned today from our 10 day, 3,200 mile Yellowstone trip. Lodging, route, destinations set up by president of our riding club. 12 bikes, (9) harleys, (1), Bmw, (1) Yamaha and the 6. (8) single guys, (2) couples. Went Darkside for the trip and installed the Madstad for the trip, pulled a Bushtec trailer. Black Hills, Bighorn Mountains, Chief Joseph Scenic Highway, Beartooth Highway, Yellowstone, the Tetons, Theodore Roosevelt National Park and all the places in between. No problems w/the Darkside tire or the new Metzler Marathon 888 front tire. Not sure if I found the sweet spot on the Madstad or not, my ponytail gets less tangled after a ride, sweet spot, not sure.
6 ran flawlessly, even after operator error, end of long first day, at gas pump in Hobunk SD, that Had visions running around in my head of a huge tow bill home and a huge repair bill, ended up working out better than I had first imagined it ever possibly could!
(3) nights in Keystone, (2) in Cody, (2) in W Yellowstone MT, then on the way home (1) in Miles Montana and last night in Fargo ND.
Ran hard everyday, never under (9) hours from time we left motel till we got back. BMW rear ended 2nd day in Keystone, by buffer car between him and young twit not paying attention. Rider ok and bike drivable.no other major mishaps. Never got comfortable on bike, not 6's fault, just never got that Sciatic nerve thing to go away, was uncomfortable 10 minutes after getting on, wish that would not have been the case.
(12) people could not have gotten along better than the bunch of us, made the trip so much better. Saw things that I would have NEVER seen on my own or w/my planning.
Was a first time and an adventure of a lifetime for me, pics to follow.