Back from Yellowstone...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Back from Yellowstone...

Back from Yellowstone...

Returned today from our 10 day, 3,200 mile Yellowstone trip. Lodging, route, destinations set up by president of our riding club. 12 bikes, (9) harleys, (1), Bmw, (1) Yamaha and the 6. (8) single guys, (2) couples. Went Darkside for the trip and installed the Madstad for the trip, pulled a Bushtec trailer. Black Hills, Bighorn Mountains, Chief Joseph Scenic Highway, Beartooth Highway, Yellowstone, the Tetons, Theodore Roosevelt National Park and all the places in between. No problems w/the Darkside tire or the new Metzler Marathon 888 front tire. Not sure if I found the sweet spot on the Madstad or not, my ponytail gets less tangled after a ride, sweet spot, not sure.
    6 ran flawlessly, even after operator error, end of long first day, at gas pump in Hobunk SD, that Had visions running around in my head of a huge tow bill home and a huge repair bill, ended up working out better than I had first imagined it ever possibly could!
    (3) nights in Keystone, (2) in Cody, (2) in W Yellowstone MT, then on the way home (1) in Miles Montana and last night in Fargo ND.
    Ran hard everyday, never under (9) hours from time we left motel till we got back. BMW rear ended 2nd day in Keystone, by buffer car between him and young twit not paying attention. Rider ok and bike drivable.no other major mishaps. Never got comfortable on bike, not 6's fault, just never got that Sciatic nerve thing to go away, was uncomfortable 10 minutes after getting on, wish that would not have been the case.
    (12) people could not have gotten along better than the bunch of us, made the trip so much better. Saw things that I would have NEVER seen on my own or w/my planning.
    Was a first time and an adventure of a lifetime for me, pics to follow.

Awesome, bring on the pics!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

A few pics from the trip.

Some more pics.

WOW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Very nice! I want to get up that way on my bike one of these days too.

Stroguy,

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Like you, I just got back on a trip thru Yellowstone and on out to Boise Idaho. Bike ran great to whole time and didn't give me any trouble. I put on just under 4,000 miles in 6 days of actual riding with the
    most the first day when I put on 985 miles. Lots of rain on the way out. I too, never could find a real comfortable position where I could last more than a 100 miles. That and no cruise, a too short windshield and not enough lockable
    storage. So when I got back, I traded the 6 in on a new 2014 full gold wing. Cruise, Navigation, the whole nine yards. I can ride for a full tank of gas and not be uncomfortable.

Good luck on future rides.

I'm jealous...great pic's....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Stroguy, choptop

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Like you, I just got back on a trip thru Yellowstone and on out to Boise Idaho. Bike ran great to whole time and didn't give me any trouble. I put on just under 4,000 miles in 6 days of actual riding with the
    most the first day when I put on 985 miles. Lots of rain on the way out. I too, never could find a real comfortable position where I could last more than a 100 miles. That and no cruise, a too short windshield and not enough lockable
    storage. So when I got back, I traded the 6 in on a new 2014 full gold wing. Cruise, Navigation, the whole nine yards. I can ride for a full tank of gas and not be uncomfortable.

Correction, but I wish I was there. Probably would have driven off a cliff enjoying those views.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Stroguy,

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Like you, I just got back on a trip thru Yellowstone and on out to Boise Idaho.
    Welcome to Boise!!
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]