Back from Yellowstone... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Back from Yellowstone...

The above particular ride threw the woods to the view at the end was found by our vacation/ride leader that was a pleasant surprise.

The Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Stroguy,

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Like you, I just got back on a trip thru Yellowstone and on out to Boise Idaho. Bike ran great to whole time and didn't give me any trouble. I put on just under 4,000 miles in 6 days of actual riding with the
    most the first day when I put on 985 miles. Lots of rain on the way out. I too, never could find a real comfortable position where I could last more than a 100 miles. That and no cruise, a too short windshield and not enough lockable
    storage. So when I got back, I traded the 6 in on a new 2014 full gold wing. Cruise, Navigation, the whole nine yards. I can ride for a full tank of gas and not be uncomfortable.

Good luck on future rides.
    You guys with comfort problems need to check out Russell Day-Long custom seats, You send them the stock seat pan off the 6 and with a lot of measurements and pictures of you on the bike they build you a seat customized for you and your rider if you have one. I have had Corbin seats and all required 3 to 4 hundred miles before getting comfortable. The Day-Long seat they built for my 6 was comfortable right from the day I reinstalled it, I was just amazed and on a 240 mile ride had absolutely no lack of comfort. I was skeptical that anyone could build me a seat 2000 miles away but they pulled it off in spades. Thanks to the recommendation from Big Larry I went that route and don't regret it for a minute now, I have the best seat I have ever had on a bike.

Great videos!. I rode Yellowstone back in 2006, on a Kawasaki 1600 Classic. After watching the videos, I may have to plan another ride, but now on the 6. I know it will be much better on the 6! Thanks for the show!

The guys That I took this trip w/have another planned for a ride out to Pennsylvanian but the particulars are not out yet. Don't know if I will make that one, have enough time for the rides I would like to do, newly retired makes a difference , but the wallet won't support them all.

Oh, I really want to go out to Yellowstone again, smaller group this time.