Aero Flip-Out Highway Pegs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aero Flip-Out Highway Pegs

Aero Flip-Out Highway Pegs

Hey Guys,
    I am leaning towards getting a set of these (not sure which set, yet). My question is about how strong are they?

When I have my feet on highway pegs, I like to adjust my seating position at times by putting all my weight and more on the pegs.

So, my concern is about the strength of the pegs themselves, and the strength of whatever engine part that they are bolted to. Could you stand up on them?

TIA! Decisions, decisions ....

Attachment 15110
    Albuquerque, NM

No problem.... there is a video on their web site showing the owner Rich doing that exact same thing !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    No problem.... there is a video on their web site showing the owner Rich doing that exact same thing !!!
    Great! Thanks Steve.
    Albuquerque, NM

Have the chromes, love them.

Got the the chrome as well thinking even the powder coated would wear thru eventually ...really line them

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I saw that video...I also got the chrome and love them (still adjusting the tension so they flip out easily) however...I would not put all my weight on them...a video is one thing but what is their weight rating?...their isn't one. What is their intended use? Footrest. That joint just doesn't look like it was designed to take a stand-up. I know this isn't "arguable" just my gut.

The Chrome one's

Value Accessories has the best price, they are listed like everyone else's price but when you pay them you find you have a very nice discount. I paid $364 for the chrome and they are gorgeous on the F6

Personally, I would NOT stand on mine whether anyone else has done it or not. I'm sure they weren't designed for that. If I want to stand while riding, I use the regular foot pegs. That said, I'm quite satisfied with my Aero pegs, especially the hidden-look feature .
    Ken (Hornblower)

I have the silver pegs, and love them.
    Great mod, and super easy installation.
    They also seem extremely sturdy.
    But their positioning on the bike is such that I do not think I would ever want or need to try to stand on them for any reason anyway, so I'm not concerned about verifying whether or not they can actually handle my full weight on their own.

Wellll Rich is not that big.... and I would not be up dancing on them but they will do everything they are designed to do!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com