room in rear lens for slightly larger brake/tail bulb? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: room in rear lens for slightly larger brake/tail bulb?

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    The worst is a red led shining behind a red lense. Probably will not be the brightest. I expect one of you rich folk fto bite the bullet for a welfare prince like myself. Please report your findings.
    Choosing the LED bulb color based on lens color might not be what you expect. It had been my experience that red bulbs do work best with red lenses.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    As I understand it this LED is a duel function LED, it is a running light hen when the brake is applied it goes super bright with a three flash blink and we would need two of them as there are two 7443 duel function run/brake light bulbs in the F6B?
    Another ? as we all know most lighting systems require an LED compatible Flasher or Load Resistor(My Rune has a LED flasher). LED brake/tail lamps may not flash with most stock flasher units, is this going to be an issue too?
    My Triumph is a 2004 Thunderbird Sport...Hinkley made.: I've had 0 issues with JUST changing that rear bulbs (there are 2 in the trumpet too) I don't expect issues.

The worst is a red led shining behind a red lense. Probably will not be the brightest. I expect one of you rich folk fto bite the bullet for a welfare prince like myself. Please report your findings.
    If I confirm the height fit...I'll do the princely thing and use my resources for the good of the Kingdom!

I had these in my brake light location. They are red. They looked good and worked well and fit. Unfortunately, the led's started flaking out.

Attachment 15210
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I had these in my brake light location. They are red. They looked good and worked well and fit. Unfortunately, the led's started flaking out.

Attachment 15210
    I think I see a small package in my future...thx valk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Choosing the LED bulb color based on lens color might not be what you expect. It had been my experience that red bulbs do work best with red lenses.
    Very cool. I had some experience with our local car club and a few folks running red LEDs in their tails. Just didn't come off as bright as a white burning incandescent. Guess we should spec out the lumens produced of the incandescent and the LED.

EDIT- Found the incandescent burns 35 lumens and the LED link shows about 30 lumens. Not that big a dif so it probably would be as bright or insignificantly different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Very cool. I had some experience with our local car club and a few folks running red LEDs in their tails. Just didn't come off as bright as a white burning incandescent. Guess we should spec out the lumens produced of the incandescent and the LED.

EDIT- Found the incandescent burns 35 lumens and the LED link shows about 30 lumens. Not that big a dif so it probably would be as bright or insignificantly different.
    lumen on the spec sheet with my link is 55...

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    lumen on the spec sheet with my link is 55...

Yes you are correct. I saw the lm/W is 30, so a 1.9W lamp would be 55. Nice catch. I'm going back to bed, I'm fouling everything up today. Someone call me at the crack of 3 to pick up my government cheese please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    If I confirm the height fit...I'll do the princely thing and use my resources for the good of the Kingdom!
    And I kind sir will be waiting with bated breath your empirical results with the expectations of great success allowing me to procure the same with proven results as you go where no one has gone before.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    And I kind sir will be waiting with bated breath your empirical results with the expectations of great success allowing me to procure the same with proven results as you go where no one has gone before.
    AND you get extra credit for spelling "bated" correctly!! I'm sure you'll be on tenterhooks till I respond!