room in rear lens for slightly larger brake/tail bulb? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: room in rear lens for slightly larger brake/tail bulb?

OK boyz, I don't have the bike anymore, but what I do have is an extra taillight assembly. I just measured, sticking the tape in you have 2 1/16" from the lense to the base for the bulb assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    OK boyz, I don't have the bike anymore, but what I do have is an extra taillight assembly. I just measured, sticking the tape in you have 2 1/16" from the lense to the base for the bulb assembly.
    should be good...the bulb measure was LOA.length overall and it was 2.14 not 2 1/4 as I misread.

Just ordered them

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    AND you get extra credit for spelling "bated" correctly!! I'm sure you'll be on tenterhooks till I respond!
    As my uneasy suspense is prolonged, your journeys end will surely mitigate the situation.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    should be good...the bulb measure was LOA.length overall and it was 2.14 not 2 1/4 as I misread.

Just ordered them
    I have my cheese so I am back in the fight.........SWEET Rick! Do us a photo before and a photo after for brightness comparison please. I am going to send this link to my old car club buds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I have my cheese so I am back in the fight.........SWEET Rick! Do us a photo before and a photo after for brightness comparison please. I am going to send this link to my old car club buds.
    now I have to learn to post pics...ok

AFAIK it is a great company to work with- lotsa stuff and good customer service.

Alternate solution for brake light "Flashing"

Signal Dynamics makes a tail light modulator that works great with the stock bulbs. Two flashing patterns to choose from when brakes are applied - 3 short, 1 long then repeat for as long as the brake is on, or 5 short then steady as long as brake is on (or just reapply the brake to get another flash sequence). I use the 2nd pattern, very pleased. Cars do seem to hang back just a bit further.

The wiring is a bit weird, as there are 2 wires that go "hot" (back by the rear light wiring) when the brakes are activated. I think one feeds each bulb. I just tied them both into the brake feed wiring on the unit and then the output from the unit into the other side of the same two wires and it works perfectly.

I think that is the beauty of these. No wiring, plug and play. Truly plug in, go play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Plug and play............

Probably is much simpler with just a bulb change, but I haven't found LED's yet that really have the brightness I want. Then again, I haven't looked in several years so perhaps technology has make some big jumps. Whatever works works.

Rick has some anxious dogs wagging their tails. These report an almost doubled luminosity output. I'm still reserved on red LED on red lense but I think they are going to satisfy.woof woof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Rick has some anxious dogs wagging their tails. These report an almost doubled luminosity output. I'm still reserved on red LED on red lense but I think they are going to satisfy.woof woof.
    I understand your reservation, Stroguy. And, that's not to say that a white LED won't work. What is comes down to is not only lumens but wavelength. I believe you'll find that a red LED has a wavelength that passes thru a red lens more easily. That's really what is behind that selection.
    Ken (Hornblower)