Brakeaway Cruise control w/heated grips

Thread: Brakeaway Cruise control w/heated grips

Brakeaway Cruise control w/heated grips

Just installed Brakeaway's 6CP03 cruise control on my 2013 F6B with heated grips. Although Brakeaway clearly states they don't support heated grip installs, I don't see an issue unless you are prone to using cruise control at full throttle. At full throttle, the power cable to the grips just touches the Brakeaway unit, but it didn't cause any issues in my case.
    Regardless, I won't be engaging cruise control at full throttle so it's not an issue for me.
    Overall, the system works great and blends into the bike aesthetically. It is a little pricey, but the best solution usually is.

Nice add on... a few have done this...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck_Doug View Post
    Just installed Brakeaway's 6CP03 cruise control on my 2013 F6B with heated grips. Although Brakeaway clearly states they don't support heated grip installs, I don't see an issue unless you are prone to using cruise control at full throttle. At full throttle, the power cable to the grips just touches the Brakeaway unit, but it didn't cause any issues in my case.
    Regardless, I won't be engaging cruise control at full throttle so it's not an issue for me.
    Overall, the system works great and blends into the bike aesthetically. It is a little pricey, but the best solution usually is.
    Man, I wish someone had had the kahones to try this before I bought the Throttle Meister. Sounds like I'll have two cruise controls soon. Thanks for the post.
    ss^,
    Ken