Long trip in 100 degrees lessons learned - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long trip in 100 degrees lessons learned

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Someone mentioned the USB charger in front left pocket.
    Hi Steve, I think Ericb [excuse me if I'm answering out of turn Ericb] was referring to the left saddlebag.There's a factory USB port there for iphone/ipod/USB stick. Ericb made an excellent point that it may be used for charging a phone too. I haven't tried it on any other phone platform other than an Iphone, but if it charges any platform by USB that's a great tip.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Hi Steve, I think Ericb [excuse me if I'm answering out of turn Ericb] was referring to the left saddlebag.There's a factory USB port there for iphone/ipod/USB stick. Ericb made an excellent point that it may be used for charging a phone too. I haven't tried it on any other phone platform other than an Iphone, but if it charges any platform by USB that's a great tip.
    Yep, thats the one I was talking talking about. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    Yep, thats the one I was talking talking about. Thanks for the clarification.
    Thanks for the tip brother.

Thank you guys I don't know why I never thought of that. I am a tech guy at work and I should have thought of that. I put a usb stick in there and never thought about it again.

Thank you,

Steve

Camel Back

Buy yourself a Camel Back and keep it with you. It comes in many sizes and can save your life. Having lived in Texas for 34 years I started using them when ever I ran or went mountain bike riding. I am now using it again on my hikes in the Chattanooga mountains this week. At 90 degrees or more, you can become an accident very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I have ten loaded mags I carry. Three on me.
    I'm all about the loaded mags on my person.....rounds in a box or loaded mags in a saddlebag are "not easily accessible" in a tactical move & shoot scenario - at least not ones I've trained for.
    Also, one side of the bike is going to be used initially used as a shield until more cover can be scurried to....
    Be very interested to discuss over several beverages in Franklin.
    Going to be a great time.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Stro I always worry about how much extra ammo to carry. I've settled on a 50 pack in each bag. Wife complains I'm taking up space in her bag. Told her I'm balancing the bike. She still complained. Told her , shooting starts you're on your own. Now we have two 50 packs in each bag.
    Laughing. Out. Loud.

shooter
    Teach I'm having second thoughts about this rally. I may have to put a hitch on and buy a trailer. A week away from home may be like gearing up for a three gun match. My AR and Benelli are kinda long. Maybe I could mount a couple scabbards......................and the ammo requirements could be large.

Teach I'm having second thoughts about this rally. I may have to put a hitch on and buy a trailer. A week away from home may be like gearing up for a three gun match. My AR and Benelli are kinda long. Maybe I could mount a couple scabbards......................and the ammo requirements could be large.
    Do what others have done while traveling to a destination on a motorcycle... use UPS and send a package to yourself.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    I wish I could think like that Will. Dang that's a good idea.