New to the F6b World after longtime Valkyrie Ownership. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New to the F6b World after longtime Valkyrie Ownership.

Hey Russ, to the forum.

Thanks for sharing the pie pan picture, and definitely a story worth sharing.

I know you have a windscreen and the center stand coming, but I also want to recommend "Grip Puppies". You may have heard about them. There's a discussion about em on the Accessories fourm.

There a soft spongy covers that slide over your grips. They add thickness and gives you a better grip. Highly recommended these, check em out

http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/prod...categoryId=103

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Hey Russ, to the forum.

Thanks for sharing the pie pan picture, and definitely a story worth sharing.

I know you have a windscreen and the center stand coming, but I also want to recommend "Grip Puppies". You may have heard about them. There's a discussion about em on the Accessories fourm.

There a soft spongy covers that slide over your grips. They add thickness and gives you a better grip. Highly recommended these, check em out

http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/prod...categoryId=103
    Thanks, Dennis. I got the new Baggershield put on yesterday. I adjusted the lower 11 inch portion upward all the way in the slots and it's perfect. I can hear the radio very well and the wind hits me right at about helmet vent level. I also put the top shield on to see what it was like and it blocks all wind. The Ergo III pegs will be here tomorrow so it's coming along. I will certainly check out those Grip Puppies. It sounds like something definitely to add. I had the Kuryakyn grips on the Valks and these F6b stock grips are definitely smaller in diameter.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Thanks, Dennis. I got the new Baggershield put on yesterday. I adjusted the lower 11 inch portion upward all the way in the slots and it's perfect. I can hear the radio very well and the wind hits me right at about helmet vent level. I also put the top shield on to see what it was like and it blocks all wind. The Ergo III pegs will be here tomorrow so it's coming along. I will certainly check out those Grip Puppies. It sounds like something definitely to add. I had the Kuryakyn grips on the Valks and these F6b stock grips are definitely smaller in diameter.
    Yes, the 11" height windscreen I have, works perfect for me, blocks the right amount of wind and I can hear the radio just fine as well.

I like the grip puppies because it adds that little bit of thickness, I was use to, on my Interstate. The grip puppies are a little tight getting on. I used soapy water, then twist and push and the same time repeatedly, and just work 'em on. The throttle side is definitely more difficult, just take yer time with it, and them puppies will slide right on there, great investment

Welcome from NE Ohio. I too had a Valkyrie since 1998. Did not ride it after I got the F6B. Our youngest son rode it for a year then he got a new Valkyrie F6C. Recently sold our old Valkyrie.
    Rick

I thought I had already posted in this but I guess not. Again. welcome. Are you going to make it to the Franklin Rally?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

After lurking around here for a month or so made me realize I needed a F6B, bought one last month and I haven't looked back. I don't think I will ever own another V Twin again. Lots of good info on this forum, and a good place to make some friends with a common interest. Welcome to the forum.

2004 R6
    2006 Black Ducati 749s
    2007 Special Edition ZX-14
    2009 HD V-Rod Night Rod
    2013 Honda F6B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome Russ,

As you can see, lots of Valkyrie folks here, several of which I feel like I may have influenced a bit to the F6B. I knew I had shortleg hooked after IZ in North Carolina. Six2go and I talked about the F6B prior to his purchase about as much as you and I did. There are a few other VRCC members looking hard right now too. For me at least, this bike is the closest replacement to the Valkyrie Interstate that Honda offers.