Thinking of getting an Apple Watch

Thread: Thinking of getting an Apple Watch

Thinking of getting an Apple Watch

Thinking of getting an Apple Watch to monitor notifications so I can decide whether or not I need to pull over to respond.

Does anyone here have experience with the AW and their haptic technology? If so, is the AW taptic engine strong enough to feel on the wrist while under way?

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Thinking of getting an Apple Watch to monitor notifications so I can decide whether or not I need to pull over to respond.

Does anyone here have experience with the AW and their haptic technology? If so, is the AW taptic engine strong enough to feel on the wrist while under way?

No experience with the watch but if I can feel my phone in my pocket I can't imagine not being able to feel it on my much more sensitive wrist.

Apple Watch is better than the reviews suggest...

Yes you can feel it on your wrist when you have a call or a text coming in, unless you are riding a Harley, in which case the handlebar vibrations will overcome the indicator in the watch. The haptic sense has more to do with the operations you do with your finger, like "forced touch.". The real benefit IMHO, however, is the ability to maintain communication without having to fish your phone out of your pocket or the trunk on your bike. To be able to take and make calls or texts Dick Tracy style is unbelievable. And all it takes is a few jabs with your finger or lifting your wrist and telling Siri to do your bidding. She takes orders well and can find you gas stations, cafes and your buddy's phone number 100% verbally. The phone may not be a game changer but it is certainly a lot of freedom for less than the price of new shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    Yes you can feel it on your wrist when you have a call or a text coming in, unless you are riding a Harley, in which case the handlebar vibrations will overcome the indicator in the watch. The haptic sense has more to do with the operations you do with your finger, like "forced touch.". The real benefit IMHO, however, is the ability to maintain communication without having to fish your phone out of your pocket or the trunk on your bike. To be able to take and make calls or texts Dick Tracy style is unbelievable. And all it takes is a few jabs with your finger or lifting your wrist and telling Siri to do your bidding. She takes orders well and can find you gas stations, cafes and your buddy's phone number 100% verbally. The phone may not be a game changer but it is certainly a lot of freedom for less than the price of new shocks.
    OK Thanks for the information. Correct, to feel the taptic response is what I need.

-Safe riding.

Don't. The F6B uses the Android operating system.

Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Don't. The F6B uses the Android operating system.

Good to know...

I understand some 2016 Honda Accord models will be equipped with Android Auto [for accessing some features like Google Maps] and Apple's Car Play for entertainment.

Likely pull the trigger on the watch today. In fast black, of course.

Android sucks!! buy the watch. You will love it

I love my Apple Watch while riding! Being able to see my incoming Texts and E-mails at a glance is great! I especially like using the watch in concert with my phone for navigating to addresses. The subtle tap on the wrist (which you can definitely feel while riding) when it's time to make a turn is so nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    I love my Apple Watch while riding! Being able to see my incoming Texts and E-mails at a glance is great! I especially like using the watch in concert with my phone for navigating to addresses. The subtle tap on the wrist (which you can definitely feel while riding) when it's time to make a turn is so nice!

i dont have a apple watch . but i have a )Samsung Gear S) for almost a year now and i have to say i love all the options i can go thru without reaching for my phone .
    buy it you will love it.
    Ride what makes you happy I do and right now it is my F6B