Hog hunting on a Saturday night......

Thread: Hog hunting on a Saturday night......

Hog hunting on a Saturday night......

I wanted to do some sat night cruising so I hustled up and re-installed the KW flair shield, got my GL1800 passenger boards painted with Rustoleum black, plastic peel paint, the muffler guards painted hi temp flat black and cooked, Amber/white LED front turns installed behind smoked lens. then a general over all removal of finger prints with some McGuire's detail spray including my new Jekill & Hyde exhaust system....I'm going Hog hunting
    Attachment 15380
    Attachment 15382
    Attachment 15383
    Attachment 15384

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Looks prime. Good hunting. Love the lil GW emblem on the floorboards. I need to find me something USAF'y to put on mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Looks prime. Good hunting. Love the lil GW emblem on the floorboards. I need to find me something USAF'y to put on mine.
    If you are retired how about this?

Many more here http://www.theveteransstore.com/stor...product_id=683

I like that store, thanks. Not retired, just gave them some of my best years. I got fat after I left........hmmmm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Hi Larry, did you extend the shield by 2 inches as discussed ? If so, how does it work?

Also, how did the ADV shim work out for you?

For a minute, I thought you were putting some pork on the table !

I have been wanting to go boar hunting.

Still can not get over how big that seat is !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Still can not get over how big that seat is !
    I agree.
    I think it is awesome that someone could make that so Larry could ride and be comfortable.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I wanted to do some sat night cruising so I hustled up and re-installed the KW flair shield, got my GL1800 passenger boards painted with Rustoleum black, plastic peel paint, the muffler guards painted hi temp flat black and cooked, Amber/white LED front turns installed behind smoked lens. then a general over all removal of finger prints with some McGuire's detail spray including my new Jekill & Hyde exhaust system....I'm going Hog hunting
    Attachment 15380
    Attachment 15382
    Attachment 15383
    Attachment 15384
    With the all blacked out bike you will have better lucking hunting at night

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Hi Larry, did you extend the shield by 2 inches as discussed ? If so, how does it work?

Also, how did the ADV shim work out for you?

For a minute, I thought you were putting some pork on the table !

I have been wanting to go boar hunting.
    I've hunted boar in Parkfield CA at the Jack Ranch http://www.jackranchwildpighunts.com/...but back to the bike.

Yes, I re-drilled the KW flair 1 3/4" still not high enough, but ok for around town and have an idea that taxfree is helping me with, if it works I'll let everyone know.
    I finally got to run some rough roads last night and I am impressed, I really did not expect much by only doing the ADV shim as it was just the first part of the mods I'm planning on doing to my frontend. I did notice a slight more dive to the frontend when the rear brakes are applied hard, but the jarring I'd get when hitting bumps while on the rear brake are gone.
    I believe when I change out the neck stem bearings to the "All Balls" tapered roller bearing kit http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion
    add a lower fork brace, change to some 2.8 kg springs while upping the fork oil to 10 or 12 wt.(OEM is 7 wt.) decrease the air head space in the forks to 125 mm I should have the forks in the middle of their stroke and not near the bottom as I have now, all this with the max setting on the rear shock should get me the Cadillac ride I want and still be sure footed when I play.

And play I did last night, not many hogs out, but the few I did see turned tail and hid in the bar when I cracked the throttle and the Jekill & Hydes barked at them to come play.