? For the ones that have added tourpacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? For the ones that have added tourpacks.

? For the ones that have added tourpacks.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these bikes yet, for a variety of reasons. I have seen some of you have added tour bags/boxes to the f6b .How difficult and costly is this to do? There are some who don't like the idea of doing this to the f6b, but honestly the full wing just doesn't fit my big azz.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1503 View Post
    Still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these bikes yet, for a variety of reasons. I have seen some of you have added tour bags/boxes to the f6b .How difficult and costly is this to do? There are some who don't like the idea of doing this to the f6b, but honestly the full wing just doesn't fit my big azz.
    Exactly, the Goldwing is not for everyone, the F6B is perfect for those who don't want the huge touring pack, arm rests, etc.
    I love the look of the rear of the bike with no luggage rack or tour pack.
    ..... but I also love camping..... I just purchased the rear carrier brackets, bolted on a Pelican case to the rear carrier brackets. From there I can carry a big touring bag, a small touring bag, or none at all. Most everything I use for camping came from my previous bike, so didn't have to spend much at all.
    I think the rear carrier brackets were only $114.95 from eBay, but can be purchased cheaper if you look around.

And the best part is that once the camping trip is done, remove everything and you're back to the awesome looking F6B.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen some nice looking setups on here.

The OEM combination backrest/luggage rack mounts with 4 bolts.

To put on a tour pack, you need 4 longer bolts and 4 standoffs to mount a tour pack (plus a mounting bracket or luggage rack).

Tour paks vary in price with the HD's being the spendy ones. If you can find a descent take-off from CraigsList, you should be ahead of the game.

I found a harley davidson tour pack
    on craigslist for 300 dollars. Other than that all I had was the cost of 4 pipe nipples and longer bolts. I like the option of taking it on and off as desired.

I made up a mount for my BMW rack, then I can install the BMW top box by just latching it on or off. The BMW case does not interfere with the aerial and actually looks good on the bike.

Yep, just used 4 longer bolt in the factory backrest mounting studs with spacers. just used a piece of aluminium for a base and bolted the tour pack onto that. Attachment 15412
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Thanks guys.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lurking luddite View Post
    I made up a mount for my BMW rack, then I can install the BMW top box by just latching it on or off. The BMW case does not interfere with the aerial and actually looks good on the bike.

I already have a box... But I'd like to see what that looks like.

Hmmmm... Opening line for a married guy !

I new this would happen.lol
    I will see if the if the old ball and chain can figure out how to post a pic.