Big Bear, CA
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Bear, CA

Big Bear, CA

How about a SoCal meetup to ride up to Big Bear Lake? I went there for work last week for the first time and what an amazing area of roads and scenery! I was driving my 18 wheeler and it's quite an adventure with a large vehicle up there! I'm going back this week to get the last pieces from a job we had up there. I'd love to go back with the 6 and tear up those curves. I imagine it's really crowded up there though. Anyone here have experience riding in that area?

I drove south on 18 from Lucerne Valley and yes it was really steep and curvy for a truck. As fun as it was, I don't think I'll go back that way. I came out through Redlands on 38 and what a long down hill trip that is, without any runaway truck ramps. Gotta be careful with the brakes up there! I'm going to go up 18 from San Bernardino next time. It looks like a better road and has passing lanes for the cars to get around me. The difference in mileage between 18 and 38 is only two miles from Phoenix.

Anyone interested in a weekend trip? Is Labor Day Weekend a bad time?

I'd be interested.

I have done Angeles Crest, but not Big Bear on the bike.

Ride

I would love that ride, not going to be around this coming weekend, enroute to Shasta to purchase my RDL seat.

However the following weekend would be great, and or during the week (retired)all kinds of time .

Try Hwy 243 from Banning to Idylwild, and go back the same way and through Hemet on 74, lots of turns and scenery.

PM me or, or post up, I'm sure we can get together somehow.

Max

Big Bear Ride

I live in San Jacinto, Ca. I would like to meet up for a ride to Big Bear . Keep me posted. Black F6B

I haven't ridden Big Bear since my first bike, back in 1989. Would love to go, just depends on schedule. Keep me in the loop.

Anyone else near Big Bear Lake (or know any F6B owners who are) ?

Ride

Hello Bobby and others, I know a few other F6B riders in my club who might be interested in this as well, as to answer your question about Labor day, sure there is always going to be more traffic on the road, but the mountain area's are not some much subject to the onslaught of cagers.

Let's keep this going, would be neat to have locals and others do some rides out here, I mentioned in my PM to 61'sh the Hwy 243, from Banning to Idylwild, scenic, turns, turnouts, and food at the top, and option to make a loop through Hwy 74, or just return the same way.

Look forward to this, my only restrictions for time are Aug 6 and 21-23 Aug, but open otherwise, and Sep 9-13.

So you coming in from Az throw out some dates and we all might come to a consensus.

And there are plenty of local good rides, with turns and scenery.

Max

I'm thinking Labor Day Weekend to have more ride time.

September 5,6,7.

Pick a Date I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalJJ View Post
    Pick a Date I'm in
    Labor day weekend sounds good. Are all you guys seasoned riders? I know JJ and Max are, just curious on how the rest of you ride.