Both low beams blew at the same time - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Both low beams blew at the same time

I hope this doesnt happen to my HIDs..lol
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Change in temp or a bump in the night?

I'm not certain. Since temp change was suggested to me and the definite change in temp on the coast was evident at the time, I went with that. I'm also open to the possibility that a sharp jaring could have caused the problem. There were a few bumps along the way for sure.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Richard Dreyfus wasn't around was he?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Trip Pic

A few folks asked for pictures. I left Middle GA 1:30 am July 10. An hour later moving quickly through through downtown Atlanta I see a weaving southbound car closing fast in my northbound lane. A second or two later we pass without incident with one open lane between us.

The pic is around East Galcier July 14 and that's what I came for. Big Sky and Beauty! I stayed and enjoyed the view for an hour or more and I had not even reached the Park entrance yet.

First nights camp was in Nebraska City. We covered 2,000 miles the first 2 days. About 500 miles the 3rd day. The ride was 7,800 miles total and it was a short but very enjoyable 15 days. 43.0 mpg for the trip. Camped every night.

Attachment 15483
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

BT45R 130/70-18

Trip Pic

The area shown is a great destination and if I'm fortunate enough to make an Alaska trip next year I hope to spend more time roaming the Canadian Rockies. The public Bath in Radium Hot Springs after a lot of saddle time was one of my trip highlights!

Attachment 15484

BT45R 130/70-18

National Parks, Redwood shown..

To continue with the trip data... I rode in 20 States and visited 6 U.S. National Parks. Glacier, Redwood Forest, Death Valley, Zion!, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest. In Canada I rode in Alberta (just up to Calgary and across the Rockies into B.C. then down the west side into Idaho.Attachment 15485 Waterton International Peace Park is in Canada north of Glacier and is also beautiful.

BT45R 130/70-18

Nice Photo's

HY 1

From Idaho through Portman, and hit HY 101 the Oregon coast. I enjoyed a nice ride south. HY 1 in Cal was as good as I had heard. Lots of twisties. I was passed by 3 very fast super motos with a death wish. Between them and the bicycles it's a real wonder... I kept to my cruising speed and enjoyed the view. Attachment 15486 The pic is off HY 1 in Bodega Bay CA. It's Chanslor Ranch. My most expensive night at $55. No regrets. Very clean rest rooms/showers and she let us pick a campsite away from a large group.

BT45R 130/70-18

Hwy 1 is one if the most beautiful rides ever..
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gear

Last year for my big ride I had a US Military Parachute Bag with a make shift cup holder and I realized I needed outside pockets. This years bag worked well for me. It's the same Military bag used by the IDF. It's a little large and I had to modify to keep it from rubbing paint (which it still managed to do, it may wax out). When it rains I use my tents ground sheet to help as the bag is not waterproof. The white bag that sits on top holds my tent with room to spare, there is no fuss in the morning getting everything folded right - I just stuff it in and ride. It's a U.S. Submarine issue laundry bag modified to suit the need. A single carabiner quickly secures it with the 2 IDF bag handles cradling it.

The ground sheet is a heavy canvas salvaged from an RV canopy. It also is used as a top cover when I need to sleep on the 6 which I did one night this trip. Simply clamp the ground sheet to the top of the windshield (I carry 3 small spring loaded clamps), put your sleeping bag on the 6 and go to bed. Good luck sleeping.

Attachment 15487

BT45R 130/70-18