Just back from a 15 day 7,800 mile ride. I saw the Crown of the Continent, the Glacier, Waterton area, beautiful! I headed to the Oregon Coast (through Portland) next arriving the evening of July 17th and it was cooler and felt great.

The next day I parked in front of a storefront and as I was admiring the view I noticed my low beam head lights were not working. My 2013 F6B no lights and only 29K miles - Dang!

I immediately checked the fuses - all good. Wiring connections were not loose to the headlights. Called Southern Honda Power Sports in Tenn. and talked to Chuck in service. He gave me the low beam fuse location and it looked good but I replaced it anyway. No joy. Called Chuck back and he had talked to some of the service techs by this time. He advised that in cases of quick extreme temperature changes the headlights can blow. I pulled them both and sure enough - both were blown. A quick trip to a nearby O'Reilly's and I was rolling south to Cal for the Redwoods and HY1.

The take home for me is unexpected stuff happens. Don't count on an indicator light to tell you when critical components like headlights fail, it's not there, at least not on my 2013. I'm now doing a better job of what I should have been doing all along - a simple walk around - pre-flight inspection.

Happy riding to you.