Bugger...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugger...

Unhappy Bugger...

You know that feeling when you think, 'should've done it myself'?

Got the centerstand fitted the other day on the first service, yes folks 1200K's in three months , not good enough I know!

So I took SWMBO out for a spin on the weekend, couple of sharper left hands I heard some faint scraping, 'odd' I thought, no ones ever mentioned centerstand scraping that early. So I stopped midway and adjusted the suspension a little harder. Seemed ok, but then I got a faint tinny noise once more that day.

Figured scraping the stand would be a harsher sound.

Got home and looked at the LH stand foot, couldn't see anything when I noticed a crink in the bend that goes around the exhaust pipe. It's a metal plate, not plastic, I believe they've had problems putting the spring on and it's caused the mech to bend the panel down as at the rear of the panel you can see where it's kissed the tar. Bent it back into place, couldn't do anything with the plate where it's bent.

Bugger...

Should've done myself... still it saves me making the first scratch I guess.

*vent mode off*

So... if you get a center stand fitted check here....

Attachment 15447

Must've been a real pro mechanic! I would make them replace that part. FYI I did not remove squat when I installed my center stand. The only exotic tool I used was a spring hook.
    My other baby!
    [IMG] photo sigpic574691_2.gif_zpsrp7xvnxu.jpeg[/IMG]
    1974 F250 4X4 Cummins 12v, NV4500 , np205, Dana 60 Front, GM 14 bolt rear.
    Cummins swap/truck upgrade thread http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/show....php?t=1181279

Pretty easy to prove who is at fault and who should make good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

My tool was $2.75 in quarters..... done
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I never let anyone touch my bike period..specially dealership learning curves. The way I look at it...I can screw it up for free. Nobody will take care of your stuff as good as you. The money you paid to have your bike screwed up could have bought a service manual and tools to do the job right...not to mention the knowledge and satisfaction gained by doing the job which is priceless. The damage is minor but would still drive me nuts knowing it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    +1

Dirty Hands

Quote Originally Posted by sandragggen View Post
    I never let anyone touch my bike period..specially dealership learning curves. The way I look at it...I can screw it up for free. Nobody will take care of your stuff as good as you. The money you paid to have your bike screwed up could have bought a service manual and tools to do the job right...not to mention the knowledge and satisfaction gained by doing the job which is priceless. The damage is minor but would still drive me nuts knowing it's there.
    In the sport of motorcycling there are "Riders" and then there are "Rider/Wrencher's"! There is a distinct difference. The Wrencher's "man cave" contains numerous tools (SAE/METRIC) and equipment to perform most, if not all, routine and some complex repair tasks i.e. "air filter change". They exude pride in getting their hands dirty doing those things the "Riders" shun. There's nothing like holding a "cold beer" in ones oily/greasy hands after a task is complete and admiring a job well done and knowing it was done right The Wrencher's first purchase, after buying his bike, is a complete "Shop Service Manual", whereas the "Rider" heads for the "Bling Isle" Real Wrenchers are less worried about "swirl marks" than they are about the use of a good "torque wrench" on all fasteners The final straw for "Wrencher's" is handing over "hard earned money" for sub-standard and, in some cases, dangerous repair work Getting it done right the first time is a "Wrencher's" greatest bliss. And lastly "Wrencher's" have their "own language"
    This post is not too offend, but to tip a hat and toast to those with mechanical skills

Get after them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryster View Post
    You know that feeling when you think, 'should've done it myself'?

Got the centerstand fitted the other day on the first service, yes folks 1200K's in three months , not good enough I know!

So I took SWMBO out for a spin on the weekend, couple of sharper left hands I heard some faint scraping, 'odd' I thought, no ones ever mentioned centerstand scraping that early. So I stopped midway and adjusted the suspension a little harder. Seemed ok, but then I got a faint tinny noise once more that day.

Figured scraping the stand would be a harsher sound.

Got home and looked at the LH stand foot, couldn't see anything when I noticed a crink in the bend that goes around the exhaust pipe. It's a metal plate, not plastic, I believe they've had problems putting the spring on and it's caused the mech to bend the panel down as at the rear of the panel you can see where it's kissed the tar. Bent it back into place, couldn't do anything with the plate where it's bent.

Bugger...

Should've done myself... still it saves me making the first scratch I guess.

*vent mode off*

So... if you get a center stand fitted check here....

Attachment 15447
    I'd be on them like ugly on an ape, just don't let moron tread on you like that and let them get away with it. Your doing the next guy that want to add a centerstand a service. If they have to replace what they broke on your bike maybe they will take a little more time and do it right on the next one.
    I go right back after those guys when they screw up like that. They are after all supposed to be certified mechanics and you paid them good money for their expertise.

Cool

I hear ya fellas....

If I had've seen straight away, or the next day maybe. Been almost a week. I'll sort out, but once it's outa warranty, I'm doing stuff myself. No diagnostics needed that I'm aware of for this thing.. so that's a plus!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I dont understand this.
    Please explain.

Doug