Bugger... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bugger...

Why did you change the oil at 1200KMS?

1st service, you know change oil/filter etc. I was 200k's late. They were good enough to do for free and fit stand also, we only have the one model over here. Unless the dealer specs up most stuff you order later. Still we get reverse and Cruise so it kinda makes up for that. Although no self cancelling indicators which is strange.

yen!!!

Stroguy, I used quarters for several years. My granddaughter became old enough to operate the Coke Machine. My quarters would wander off mysteriously and not return. I went to Sears Hardware and bought ten fender washers, of about the same thickness as a quarter, and the losses stopped. A big net savings.
    [SIGPIC]my son[/SIGPIC]

08 GL18A (L3) Black/Chrome
    09 Burgman (Exe) White
    13 GL18B (D) Red/Black-out
    14 GL18C (D) Black/Chrome

24 Nickels.. Quarters? are you all Rich or somthin?

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I dont understand this.
    Please explain.

Doug
    Doug, I must be a cheap ass, I used nickels...

24 NICKELS !!!

I don't have a brake tool, but I put mine on a year or so ago!

I used 24 nickels,, you know 5c coins.

Nickels, a 8mm Allen head, a 10mm wrench and a 14mm open end wrench. That's it!

The new honda kit has a 8mm Allen head for the left side & a reverse thead 14 mm for the right side. It also has a 10 mm bolt that holds the spring. I laid on the right side of the bike and put it all on from that side.
    I DID NOT REMOVE THE COWLING.
    It was all pretty easy... It took a little while to find the hole for the spring bolt. I used a bungie cord to hold up the stand and "Helen Keller'd my finger around till I found it. No Problem. Putting on the Spring "BIG PROBLEM"... I tried the little blue washers honda sent in the kit, no way,
    A screwdriver to pry it on, No Way. 24 pennies like others had done, close but NO. So I got a roll of nickels! Put one end of the spring into a hole. I used a slot in my "reloader". Bend the spring insert a nickel into every coil then flip the spring over and insert a nickel into every coil on the backside too! About 24 nickels! GUESS WHAT? It just snapped on! No tools required!
    Slowly step on the newly attached center stand and all the nickels nicely just drop out
    DONE! who's the man? FF-Ed!
    Hope this helps

( I did lie on the left side to snap on the spring )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo