Clearview windshield mostly installed....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clearview windshield mostly installed....

Clearview windshield mostly installed....

Not quite as dark as I thought the medium gray would be. But I did want to be able to see through it at night, so I can't complain. I got the sport tour medium light gray with adjustable vent and recurve. I can't see how someone would wait as long as I did, put it on with all the protective plastic, then send it back because it wasn't "perfect". That's a few months a waiting for a windshield that is obviously better than that oem shorty. I haven't quite got the rubber grommets in behind the mirrors to my liking and stopped since those last two bolts are a pita and I'm sweating bullets..... to be continued.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

I received my Clearview windshield yesterday and installed it yesterday. I purchased the same as you. I do agree I was expecting a darker tint. Mine came perfect I have no complaints. Yes I do not see how anyone could ride any length of time with the stock windshield it is night and day difference.

my only complaint would be the two areas on each side of my windshield that the black film has rubbed offAttachment 15467 I have one of those on both side of my Clearview
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Not quite as dark as I thought the medium gray would be. But I did want to be able to see through it at night, so I can't complain. I got the sport tour medium light gray with adjustable vent and recurve. I can't see how someone would wait as long as I did, put it on with all the protective plastic, then send it back because it wasn't "perfect". That's a few months a waiting for a windshield that is obviously better than that oem shorty. I haven't quite got the rubber grommets in behind the mirrors to my liking and stopped since those last two bolts are a pita and I'm sweating bullets..... to be continued.
    If I spent my hard earned money on it, and had to wait months for it, it better damn well be perfect or it's going back. JMHO

It is ridiculous in this day and age that anyone should have to wait for a windshield.
    These should be on the shelf ready to be sent out.
    I did not order from Clearview because of an experience I had with them years ago.
    I bought a F4 and am ecstatic.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    If I spent my hard earned money on it, and had to wait months for it, it better damn well be perfect or it's going back. JMHO
    I waited for mine and glad I did

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Yea, I waited quite a while and was emailed through different "stages" of it. Kind of weird IMO. I guess they're a really small company or they do quite a bit of work. Here's a pic in the garage. I don't ride much as I broke my tailbone a month or so before I bought the bike. Probably not one of my brightest ideas. Heading out on our first weekend ride next weekend. Probably headed to Fancy Gap VA, then off for a parkway ride towards Boone.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

BTW- what's a good Samsung S5 holder to attach to my left handlebar so I have the ability to use my GPS?
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Cool

I like that

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    For those last two bolts be sure and stuff a shop towel in the cavity below so if you drop the nut or washer it will not go into the black hole never to be found again !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000