Clearview windshield mostly installed.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clearview windshield mostly installed....

Thanks, that's the tip I was looking for! I remember reading about installing shields, but couldn't remember the trick for that. That's definitely a highly probable situation!
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Went for a ride yesterday and so far, I love this shield! I can actually ride with my visor mostly up. I may lower the shield a tad as that line across the top seems to frustrate my "view" in certain situations. Talk about hearing the radio better too. The adjustable vent directs air right at my torso, love that too.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Went for a ride yesterday and so far, I love this shield! I can actually ride with my visor mostly up. I may lower the shield a tad as that line across the top seems to frustrate my "view" in certain situations. Talk about hearing the radio better too. The adjustable vent directs air right at my torso, love that too.

Redlinez, how tall are you?

I ordered the same windshield that you have. I'm 5' 10" and went through all of the measurements that Clearview had on their website for determining proper height. I think the medium sport tourer is fine for me; but am concerned if there is any distortion from the recurved portion itself.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Redlinez, how tall are you?

I ordered the same windshield that you have. I'm 5' 10" and went through all of the measurements that Clearview had on their website for determining proper height. I think the medium sport tourer is fine for me; but am concerned if there is any distortion from the recurved portion itself.
    I have the same one you ordered and I am 5'11" I look over the shield by about 6" so the recurve isn't really a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I have the same one you ordered and I am 5'11" I look over the shield by about 6" so the recurve isn't really a issue.
    Oh good! Thanks a lot!

I'm 5'11". I just lowered the shield to the halfway adjustmentment point I had it as high as it would go. I'll take a ride and see where it ends up in my line of sight.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Mine is all the way down.

Mine is down all the way.

IMG_0049.jpg
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I figured I'd baby step it and see what it's like tomorrow. I'm riding to work, then headed home to pick her up and head to Fancy Gap.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

I ordered my F4 Customs 14" med tint with vent windshield and it was at my house in 2 days. I love this windshield but then I tried the Madstad 11" extra dark. I now love this windshield. I may have to put the F4 Customs back on in the winter for more protection (only time will tell).

I had the Clearview Med Dark tint on my Harley Davidson Fatboy and loved it. It did take 6 weeks or more to get to my house. When I wrecked the Harley the Clearview broke into very sharp shards that I did not like so I switched when I got the windshield for the F6B. I did not get cut up to bad but the potential was there.
    Steve