Lucky break
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky break

Lucky break

I got a huge slap on the wrist today. I could have went to jail but somehow I dodged that bullet. I was on my way home and the freeway opened up about a mile from my exit. I floored it and got up to XXX mph and when I turned the corner I saw a black unmarked Ford Expedition behind me.

I got pulled over. He didn't get an accurate read on my speed but he knew I was going fast. Since I was honest with him he (to my surprise) wrote me a warning. Nice guy but I know that's not gonna happen again. (getting a break)

I learned something new, criminal speeding in Arizona is 86 mph! I had no idea. Gonna have to keep it under 85 from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I got a huge slap on the wrist today. I could have went to jail but somehow I dodged that bullet. I was on my way home and the freeway opened up about a mile from my exit. I floored it and got up to XXX mph and when I turned the corner I saw a black unmarked Ford Expedition behind me.

I got pulled over. He didn't get an accurate read on my speed but he knew I was going fast. Since I was honest with him he (to my surprise) wrote me a warning. Nice guy but I know that's not gonna happen again. (getting a break)

I learned something new, criminal speeding in Arizona is 86 mph! I had no idea. Gonna have to keep it under 85 from now on.

Glad you lucked out, Bobby! I don't suppose pulling the "Excuse me, Officer.....Do you know who I am?" would have worked any better?!
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Being a former LEO attitude and cooperation goes a long way in getting a break...If people I pulled over admitted the violation and seemed remorseful I almost always gave them a break and the ones who had attitude always got a citation...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And " Do you know who I am" always got tickets....lol
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here in Calf. it is 101 mph and at the LEO's discretion they can take you to the gray bar hotel and impound your scoot right there, also mandatory, you must show up in court, no "just paying the bail". Fine can be $500 and a 6 month hotel stay if the judge don't like you.
    Get caught under 101 mph and it is just breaking the basic speed limit with a no show ticket if ya just want to pay, and you do pay big even for that.
    Now if ya break your tire loose or pop a wheel up then you can get a "reckless driving" charge and that is a whole different ball game.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I had a friend who passed a cop at 130. He didn't know it was a cop until it was too late. He simply pulled over and waited for the cop to get there. The cop let him off with a warning because he didn't have to chase him. LOL

shooter
    Boy Bobby that 85 mph restriction is tough. You just have to pick your time a little better. The old girl needs to cut loose occasionally. In a safe manner of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I've gotta agree with shooter. 86 seems kinda low to have the book thrown at ya. Some states have 80mph speed limts or higher with South Dakota being one of em.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

shooter
    By the way in our County the "bad" number is 101. I found that out back in 1981. I had a modified 750 Honda and somewhere towards the top of third gear at about 105 I crossed paths with a MO State Hwy Patrol. I just pulled over and waited for him to turn around. He walked up to me calmly and introduced himself. He asked me how fast I was going and I said approx 105. He promptly wrote me a ticket for 99 mph. Cost me $326. That was a whole lot of money back then. He explained the 100 mph thing. I've been more careful since then. I don't want my grandkids knowing "Poppa" is in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Boy Bobby that 85 mph restriction is tough. You just have to pick your time a little better. The old girl needs to cut loose occasionally. In a safe manner of course.
    I agree. 86 mph is 11 over our 75 mph max which is where I was speeding. I told him I thought criminal speed was like double the limit or something. I guess they think 11 over is fast enough. It's a wake up call to me and I'm thankful for the warning. I have a good eye for spotting po-po vehicles but you never know when you might zip by an unmarked one. They're all running Ford Expeditions out here now so with all the soccer moms driving them too it makes me a little nervous. Most of them are white but I guess you never know. With my CDL I can't afford to get a criminal ticket. Not that I want to pay for it either.