Just ordered the Sena SMH10-D10 dual pack bluetooth headphones - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just ordered the Sena SMH10-D10 dual pack bluetooth headphones

I've had the Sana SMH10 for approx. three years now and love it. I have friends who purchased UClear only to learn they hated it and was about to chuck it during a ride out of frustration. I recommended the Sana, and they love it. I listen to music through them, intercom is clear, you can speak group talk with up to three other people in your intercom group at the same time. It's very convenient being able to talk to your friends to let them know you need gas, restroom stop, or where to go for lunch. And its funny how those who don't have communicators don't have a say... they just follow you.

When I'm answering a call, the other party can't really tell I'm riding 80 mph on the freeway. They just hear a little background noise. It's also great to be able to voice dial someone while you're riding to let them know you're on your way or running late. If your phone is capable... you can also do voice activated texting.

The dual set Sena SMH10 have generally been priced around $230-250 on Amazon. The 20C is the newest model that has more features... able to add up to 10 com systems into your group.

As for the speakers... the Sena speakers are good. They are also thin so they can easily be placed in any helmet with ear/speaker pockets. I however wanted more volume and bass, so I spliced and soldered a pair of high fidelity J&M speakers (from my old CB headset) to the Sana base system. The sound is wayyyy better. However, the speakers are at least two or three times thicker than the Senas, so I had to carve out some foam out from the helmet's speaker pockets. When I spliced the speaker wires, the J&M were no problem... the speaker wires were pretty thick, easy to work with. However, the speaker wires for the Sana were soooo fragile, so you have to be very careful when you strip the wire... because there are only three or four strands inside each of the cords. The strands are as thick as hair, so give yourself plenty of cord length.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Has anyone bought and used the Bluetooth adapter for the bike
    When I get out of work at 3-4 am I don't want to spook the wildlife
    And have them dart in fear.
    I was planning on adding a small 10 to my helmet but would have had to tape on, the
    Sm 20 may be the ticket for nolan helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sena 20

Used my new Sena 20 intercom with my wife last week, for the first time. Really loved it. We were blown away by the clarity of them. She went to the back of the house while I went out front for a test and it was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post

I was planning on adding a small 10 to my helmet but would have had to tape on, the
    Sm 20 may be the ticket for nolan helmet.
    I use the 10 with my nolan helmet, minor cut to the edge trim allows it to fit.

Wife and I love them.

I also modded a phone headset with an extra base for when she is in the truck and I'm 2-wheeling it.

Just ordered a set yesterday...Hope my GF foesnt chew my ear off during my moments of solitude while riding...lol
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know lots of good reports about the Sena , but our set is very disappointing. Too much wind noise.

I've put extra foam over the mics ; flipped the mics 180 degrees , nothing works for us. I can't recommend them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ride with fullface Scorpion EXO500's and they worked great this weekend. Gotta figure out if I can have my GPS directions bluetoothed while being able to use intercom with her. Couldn't figure out how to do that, so she rode in silence for part of our ride back.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    We ride with fullface Scorpion EXO500's and they worked great this weekend. Gotta figure out if I can have my GPS directions bluetoothed while being able to use intercom with her. Couldn't figure out how to do that, so she rode in silence for part of our ride back.
    I do it all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Bell Sena Issues

I have Bell Mag 9 helmets that are specifically designed for the smh 10. So far my review is mixed. The sound quality at speed between the wife and I is not that good. The Bell helmet has a lot of wind noise (stock F6B windshield) so we use ear plugs. at low speeds the intercom works great but 60ish its poor. I want to eliminate the speakers and go with custom fitted ear plugs with buds built in unless someone out there has any suggestions.

My Clearview windshield probably helped out quite a bit.
    I'll have to read through the instructions and figure out how to combine the GPS directions from my phone while allowing intercom use. I did find you push in once on the dial button and it goes to intercom, push it again, goes back to bluetooth phone connection
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN