De-Badge question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: De-Badge question

De-Badge question

I was curious, what is the easiest and best way to remove the front and rear Honda badges? Also, are there any post removal polishing or blending required? Thanks in advance.......Greg

Dental floss

Place a business card under the edge after heating with a hair dryer and peel them off towards the bisiness card...The business card keeps the edge from scratching the paint...They peel off easy but the F6B Logos on the side are pinned and youll have 2 holes if you remove these...Somr wil say saw the glue strip with dental floss but youll have more cleanup to do on the paint ...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you take it out for a ride on a hot day you won't even need a hair dryer to heat it up and they will peel right off with the glue strip in tact with badge

Let it sit in the sun for an hour or so. Get under an edge with a plastic scraper or floss and lift, don't pry. It will slowly release. Be careful of the opposing corner digging into the paint. Some folks like to saw off the tape with the floss. I just use two plastic razors on opposing sides. After it releases you will be left with some tape residue that can be rolled off with your fingers. Keep the bike in the sun while you are removing most of the tape and gunk. Put her in the shade of a tree or your garage and let her cool down. Go to the drug store and buy some of the alcohol preps they use prior to an injection. Use those after the bike is cooled down but be gentle. The double sided tape can trap moisture in the paint and you may just keep rubbing until you have damaged the paint. When the tape residue is gone throw some wax on those areas and leave them alone for a week or so. I use the Honda spirits to clean my Matte finish, but the process is the same. Get the tape off and leave those ghost marks alone for a week or two. More wax is a good thing.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Thanks guys, outstanding input from all! Thnx again!

Its really not that complicated...pull them off when hot and dont let the edge dig in the paint hence the business card to pry against...a little bit of goof off to wipe off the small residual...

Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    Its really not that complicated...pull them off when hot and dont let the edge dig in the paint hence the business card to pry against...a little bit of goo gone to wipe off the small residual...
    DO NOT USE GOO GONE IF YOU HAVE A MATTE SILVER BIKE, IT LEAVES A VERY SHINEY SPOT BEHIND THAT WILL STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB

I just edited my previous post because I forgot the name but I was under the impression that they were both of similar ingredients

I would not rub the paint hard with either of these products and only the areas where the adhesive is present