Garmin nüviCam GPS

Thread: Garmin nüviCam GPS

Garmin nüviCam GPS

Over at the Garmin site I see one of their latest Auto GPS's has a built in dash cam.

I currently use a zūmo 660 1st generation.

I would seriously consider an upgrade to a zūmo with a forward facing camera if and when it becomes available. Putting a dash cam in a Motorcycle GPS seems like a no brainer.

Will Garmin do it?

Sounds cool now placement of the unit so you both can see???

GoPro's owner shows a net worth of 2Bill +...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Sounds cool now placement of the unit so you both can see???

GoPro's owner shows a net worth of 2Bill +...

I use a Go Pro now but the disadvantage for me is finding the best location on the bike while keeping the unit powered full time. The best location is often lower on the body that is only accessible while parked and difficult to route power. The Go Pro video results are always very, very good though.

I use the suction cup mount, mounted to the inside of the windshield peeking around the side with my go-pro.Attachment 15554 Look just behind the mirror. Works really well, and u even get a view of the reflection in the mirror.

Do you find that wind buffeting creates unwanted vibration? I'm thinking the windshield must be too flexible for a good base sometimes? Otherwise it looks like a good place for a mount and the reflection is a nice touch for the POV effect.

here's a better pic
    Attachment 15555

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post

I use a Go Pro now but the disadvantage for me is finding the best location on the bike while keeping the unit powered full time. The best location is often lower on the body that is only accessible while parked and difficult to route power. The Go Pro video results are always very, very good though.
    +1 can't find the best position to control it and address battery issues or power issues. Helmet don't work for an All dayer. If you use remote control it takes from battery life.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

i have a baggershield two piece on my 6 and there was no buffeting or flex. And the go-pro is really good at dealing with camera movement and canceling out any vibes.

Yes battery life is an issue. I just ordered all the goodies for power in the cubby and should be able to get power up to the camera from there, at least that's the plan