Concealed carry reciprocity
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry reciprocity

Concealed carry reciprocity

What do you out of state travelers do to carry out of state on trips?
    Do you need to contact the states you are going through?
    I was looking on a map of the states that accept mine, but I'm not sure what I need to do if anything.

Different states, different rules

Check the web for any of the CCW sites and they will tell you the reciprocity for each state. Check for the states in which you'll be riding. Some want you to tell the cops if you get pulled over, some don't. I typically will, just so they know that I'm not hiding anything and I make certain my hands are slow and seen. Some states are mo fos: MD, NY to name two. Alabama has just changed their rest stops so you can't carry into the head. Makes no damned sense to me, because the state is pretty good for carry. Controllers gotta control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    I was looking on a map of the states that accept mine, but I'm not sure what I need to do if anything.
    Need to know each state's specific CC laws as they do differ (including their definition of concealed and where, what and when you can carry).

In the PRK, this even changes from city to city within the same state with the lefty local ordinances.

Also check where and how your weapon has to be transported in states that do not rcognize your states CCW.
    This can varry from state to state.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    Being from Pa. and traveling to Florida yearly with my motorhome and cycle/trailer in tow, I carry a loaded weapon along with a can of "Wasp Spray" in my coach. I made a copy of each state along the eastern I-95 corridor which has a Reciprocal Carry Law with Pa. I keep that info in a pouch behind my drivers seat. A motorhome is actually considered a "residence" and has some benefits under the "Castle Doctrine". There is one state along my travel route that doesn't have a RCP and I then put my weapon in my safe!

Bob,
    I thought I read that Florida no longer recognizes Pennsylvania for CCW.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Being from Pa. and traveling to Florida yearly with my motorhome and cycle/trailer in tow, I carry a loaded weapon along with a can of "Wasp Spray" in my coach. I made a copy of each state along the eastern I-95 corridor which has a Reciprocal Carry Law with Pa. I keep that info in a pouch behind my drivers seat. A motorhome is actually considered a "residence" and has some benefits under the "Castle Doctrine". There is one state along my travel route that doesn't have a RCP and I then put my weapon in my safe!
    Bob,
    Last I checked, MD & SC do not have reciprocity with PA. Not sure how you get to Florida, but I wind up spending some serious uncomfortable time in those two states trying to be good.
    flat6bagger,
    I just checked and as of mid July, Florida did have reciprocity.
    Cheers!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Pap,

Check this site out and put in your specific resident and non-resident permits.

HTH

USConcealedCarry.com - Travel

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Maryland, People's Republic of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Your best resource as this org is continually updating within legislative sessions. I like the links directly to state codes and law books.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver