Concealed carry reciprocity - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed carry reciprocity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    shooter
    Federal law is if you are just passing through a state with no intended stops other than gas or such then federal laws apply. Worst case , gun in a locked case unloaded and ammo not in close proximity. You guys may not like what I'm about to say , but it works for me. I dont give a shyt about state to state laws. I carry concealed everywhere I go. I never worry about it. Why? Cause I'm smart. When I'm in a foreign state I make sure that concealed is concealed. Find a method that is truly concealed without an accidental showing. For me that's pocket carry. I obey all traffic laws. I don't speed , I stop at all stop signs and I don't change lanes without signalling. Do not give LEO a chance to pull you over. I never obsess over getting caught cause I never give them a reason. I laugh at the drug dealers that get caught cause they are speeding. Ridiculous. Find yourself a good foolproof method of carry. Then make yourself low profile. I've been doing it for 36 years. Way before concealed carry. Oh , don't talk about it. Don't show it. Its a private thing. I see guys taking it out and showing it to every Tom , Dick , and Harry. If you're that proud of it , leave it at home. Don't show you're girlfriend. If you need to show it to be macho , leave it at home. Once again its a private thing. My wife and kids always know I'm carrying. They never say a word about it. They know. I can't say it enough , its a private thing.

+1

I have a Federal license to carry, but seldom do...I will however be taking a axe to the theater next time I go...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks all. Guess I have some reading to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    . Find yourself a good foolproof method of carry. Then make yourself low profile. I've been doing it for 36 years. Way before concealed carry. Oh , don't talk about it. Don't show it. Its a private thing. I see guys taking it out and showing it to every Tom , Dick , and Harry. If you're that proud of it , leave it at home. Don't show you're girlfriend. If you need to show it to be macho , leave it at home. Once again its a private thing. My wife and kids always know I'm carrying. They never say a word about it. They know. I can't say it enough , its a private thing.
    No truer words have ever been said on the subject and my sentiments 100%

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    What do you out of state travelers do to carry out of state on trips?
    Do you need to contact the states you are going through?
    I was looking on a map of the states that accept mine, but I'm not sure what I need to do if anything.
    I am a concealed carry instructor in Wisconsin. To check reciprocity go to www.concealedcarryusa.com and you will see maps that show reciprocity for each state. You are required to know the laws of each state you travel through.