Concealed carry reciprocity - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry reciprocity

shooter
    Federal law is if you are just passing through a state with no intended stops other than gas or such then federal laws apply. Worst case , gun in a locked case unloaded and ammo not in close proximity. You guys may not like what I'm about to say , but it works for me. I dont give a shyt about state to state laws. I carry concealed everywhere I go. I never worry about it. Why? Cause I'm smart. When I'm in a foreign state I make sure that concealed is concealed. Find a method that is truly concealed without an accidental showing. For me that's pocket carry. I obey all traffic laws. I don't speed , I stop at all stop signs and I don't change lanes without signalling. Do not give LEO a chance to pull you over. I never obsess over getting caught cause I never give them a reason. I laugh at the drug dealers that get caught cause they are speeding. Ridiculous. Find yourself a good foolproof method of carry. Then make yourself low profile. I've been doing it for 36 years. Way before concealed carry. Oh , don't talk about it. Don't show it. Its a private thing. I see guys taking it out and showing it to every Tom , Dick , and Harry. If you're that proud of it , leave it at home. Don't show you're girlfriend. If you need to show it to be macho , leave it at home. Once again its a private thing. My wife and kids always know I'm carrying. They never say a word about it. They know. I can't say it enough , its a private thing.

+1

I have a Federal license to carry, but seldom do...I will however be taking a axe to the theater next time I go...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks all. Guess I have some reading to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    +1
    ..I will however be taking a axe to the theater next time I go...
    Mutually guaranteed destruction.

Stay out of certain parts of LA as in Louisiana, you'll think you made it to another planet. Laws are whatever they thought of that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    What do you out of state travelers do to carry out of state on trips?
    Do you need to contact the states you are going through?
    I was looking on a map of the states that accept mine, but I'm not sure what I need to do if anything.
    I am a concealed carry instructor in Wisconsin. To check reciprocity go to www.concealedcarryusa.com and you will see maps that show reciprocity for each state. You are required to know the laws of each state you travel through.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Mutually guaranteed destruction.

Stay out of certain parts of LA as in Louisiana, you'll think you made it to another planet. Laws are whatever they thought of that day.
    Portions of Philly Pa. rank right up there with LA Come to think of it, California is the Kellogg State......full of Fruits, Nuts and Flakes

Remember that Illinois does not honor any other states license/permits although Illinois licenses are honored in 23 states.

"Twenty-three other states honor Illinois’ concealed-carry permit. Illinois does not recognize out-of-state permits – people in other states can get an Illinois concealed-carry permit at a cost of $300, along with completing the course and passing the background check."

If you come to Illinois DO NOT CARRY.

Doug

That does not sound like a money grab. What could that $300 possibly be for................um defense lawyers for the arrested shooters on the south side of Chitown?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    I'm in Illinois 2 or 3 times a month. F..k em. I always carry. I'm not gonna let some thug make me a victim. Illinois don't have enough money to fight me and the NRA. I get through with them tree huggin liberal azzholes they will be changing the name if that state to Shooterville. How was that Stro?

My bags is packed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver