Bought a new helmet

Thread: Bought a new helmet

Bought a new helmet

So I did a Poker run a few weeks ago and won $100 gift card to a local motorcycle shop. The sell a lot of HD accessories and have a mix of bikes (all used) but more Harley than anything. I've bought quite a few things from them . Mostly leather. I finally stopped in there yesterday and was checking out what I could get with me $100.

I came across these Stealth modular helmets. Looked them up online and the reviews seemed reasonably good. I tried on a XXL and it felt good. I have been wanting to get a modular helmet for the colder weather riding. Well, the price was $170 something. A bit more than what they can be had for online , but they give a 10% discount to Veterans and military. Then I sprung the $100 gift card and voila, I'm walking out the door with a pretty nice modular helmet for $62 after sales tax. It feels comfortable, but I haven't ridden with it yet. Doubt I see much riding time with it until the temps drop some.

http://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Vertic.../dp/B00KRB27WG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpJ4eiyzU7s
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

That looks like a good pick in helmets, Jimmy. From the video, it looks to have some nice features...the lockable position for the chin bar, the ample vents, and the sealing features. A removable headliner is a must, imo.

It didn't mention if it had recesses for helmet speakers. If you go with a speaker system, get one with the boom mic for an open face helmet.

If this is your first flip helmet, you're really going to like it, I believe.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

The Mod helmets are great in the rain also !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Nice.

That is a good looking helmet. You certainly get a lot of good features for not that much money
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Does it have a drop down sun visor? I will never be with out one again.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    That looks like a good pick in helmets, Jimmy. From the video, it looks to have some nice features...the lockable position for the chin bar, the ample vents, and the sealing features. A removable headliner is a must, imo.

It didn't mention if it had recesses for helmet speakers. If you go with a speaker system, get one with the boom mic for an open face helmet.

If this is your first flip helmet, you're really going to like it, I believe.
    Yes it has speaker pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Does it have a drop down sun visor? I will never be with out one again.
    Ye . The video shows the drop down sun visor.

I like to look of that one, now the big ? for me will be if the XXX will fit my size 8 1/4 head? The last one I bought a Scorpion EXO-CT220 did not.
    Need to find a store that will order and take back if it don't fit.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I like to look of that one, now the big ? for me will be if the XXX will fit my size 8 1/4 head? The last one I bought a Scorpion EXO-CT220 did not.
    Need to find a store that will order and take back if it don't fit.
    Well the XXL fits really nice for.me and I have a good size head 7.5" or maybe a bit bigger theses days. Plus I was concerned about my cheeks being squeezed and not an issue at all. Really feels comfortable. I haven't rode with it though.

I am on my third Vega helmet. Each upgrade better than the previous model. Currently have the Stealth and love it. I am sure you will too. I had a service issue a couple years ago on a previous model and got to speak to a real person at Vega who sent me parts for repair at no cost; then he called me back about ten days later to see if everything worked out. Likely a customer for life. Enjoy!
    ...Some beach; Somewhere; There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair!!!