Rear Reflective Panels

Thread: Rear Reflective Panels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ordered mine. got them in but have not installed them. The instructions say, remove all wax before installation. I have 5 coats of liquid glass .What removes liquid Glass? Its a carbon not a wax. The last thing I want is for them to peel off after installing on top of LG.....Any suggestions guys..................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Ordered mine. got them in but have not installed them. The instructions say, remove all wax before installation. I have 5 coats of liquid glass .What removes liquid Glass? Its a carbon not a wax. The last thing I want is for them to peel off after installing on top of LG.....Any suggestions guys..................Dickie
    If it's not a wax it may not be an issue. Try 1 side and see what you get. If it doesn't stick I'll replace it. If it doesn't you might try some TSP on the area.

Some wry humor follows: I sell 40 different kinds of bike decals and I must say the F6B crowd has been the most "challenging!" Maybe that's the demographic... These aren't even close to being the larges square inch decals I offer, so doubly puzzling. BTW - FJR1300s rule!

Deano
    Final note - In spite of my messaging settings here to the contrary, I NEVER get email notifications for either PMs OR forum responses, so it may be a couple days before I come back to check on progress

Pictures of installed reflectors

These are from the guy who was my beta tester. The ones I'm selling differ a bit in that the corners come to a point rather than being rounded off and they don't go "up the slope" . Also they're going to light up a lot more with headlights.
    Attachment 15858Attachment 15859

Quote Originally Posted by Deano K View Post
    If it's not a wax it may not be an issue. Try 1 side and see what you get. If it doesn't stick I'll replace it. If it doesn't you might try some TSP on the area.

Some wry humor follows: I sell 40 different kinds of bike decals and I must say the F6B crowd has been the most "challenging!" Maybe that's the demographic... These aren't even close to being the larges square inch decals I offer, so doubly puzzling. BTW - FJR1300s rule!

Deano
    Final note - In spite of my messaging settings here to the contrary, I NEVER get email notifications for either PMs OR forum responses, so it may be a couple days before I come back to check on progress
    Man you guys are a tough crowd....take it easy...seems to me the vendor is bending over backwards.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I totally agree !

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Man you guys are a tough crowd....take it easy...seems to me the vendor is bending over backwards.....
    No kidding-If some get this worked up over reflective panels what do they do when faced with a real problemPlus this vendor seems to be doing pretty much all he can to make things right.

Oh btw Deeno K... I am going to put in another order for your decals... I'll include in the "message to the seller" that you pack 'em the same way; that you did with the second one you sent. They did arrive unscathed from the USPS....

Thanks Bro!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537