Rear Reflective Panels - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rear Reflective Panels

Still no pics other than from the vender??

I would consider adding some reflective vis to thee back of the bike if it didn't look to butt ugly....I think the black on black would be good but would like to hear from someone that has tried it.

tink

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    Still no pics other than from the vender??

I would consider adding some reflective vis to thee back of the bike if it didn't look to butt ugly....I think the black on black would be good but would like to hear from someone that has tried it.

tink
    I had applied my decals and was going to take pictures. But I did not because I was sort of unhappy with a couple of air bubbles and creases (that I made) in the reflective film.

I had applied them on a day when it was hot and muggy out, mosquito's were biting me, I was in a foul mood and my mind was elsewhere with other work related issues. Not the best time to be applying decals to the backside of my bike I guess.

The decals are well cut; for the area that they are to be applied to on the back of the F6B. They do line up well against the black center rear fender areas. I will be ordering another set and re-apply them in the fall; when it's a little less humid and muggy out; and all da damned mosquito's are killed off...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Ditto, Willtill--I also had a few small bubbles to work out and I thought I was being careful. Anyway, what I do in cases like this is to use a fine pointed needle and stick it in the center of a bubble to release the air. After a bit of pressing, you usually can't even see the hole. Works for me!
    Ken (Hornblower)

I wanted some extra visibility on mine, but didn't want to spend a bunch of $$$ trying to get it. I bought the reflective DOT conspicuity tape for Tractor Trailers and my wonderful wife cut them and applied them for me. May not be the look for some people, but I feel like she did a great job, and i now can be seen better.

Attachment 16108

Attachment 16109
    2013 F6B BLACK (so you know it is FAST!)
    1995 Harley XLH 883 (Small but quick and good for around town)

Ride this, ride that.....Just RIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by dumbpartsguy View Post
    I wanted some extra visibility on mine, but didn't want to spend a bunch of $$$ trying to get it. I bought the reflective DOT conspicuity tape for Tractor Trailers and my wonderful wife cut them and applied them for me. May not be the look for some people, but I feel like she did a great job, and i now can be seen better.

Attachment 16108

Attachment 16109
    I LIKE what you did with that DOT red tape; on the bottom outer rear areas of the bike

I've got some of the same reflective strips myself. When I installed my new Clearview windshield this last week; I used some of the red reflective and attached it to the plastic plate under the front upper fairing fascia. I know that red is a on the front of a vehicle but this is sort of more of an "accent"... not sure of the visibility of it at night yet... but it looks

With the headlights on at night... I don't think the red reflective will be that visible anyway; if you were looking at it dead on.... but then again... maybe not.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I LIKE what you did with that DOT red tape; on the bottom outer rear areas of the bike

I've got some of the same reflective strips myself. When I installed my new Clearview windshield this last week; I used some of the red reflective and attached it to the plastic plate under the front upper fairing fascia. I know that red is a on the front of a vehicle but this is sort of more of an "accent"... not sure of the visibility of it at night yet... but it looks

With the headlights on at night... I don't think the red reflective will be that visible anyway; if you were looking at it dead on.... but then again... maybe not.

that looks freakin' awesome gives it the bike a look that matches its personality
    2013 F6B BLACK (so you know it is FAST!)
    1995 Harley XLH 883 (Small but quick and good for around town)

Ride this, ride that.....Just RIDE!

Color choices

Guys, if you end up ordering from me the default choice is black. If that's what you want I don't need any note, otherwise there is a spot in the paypal process where you can send a note to the seller OR you can contact me via ebay messaging. I've got red and black sets ready to go with yellow and white available upon request with no real lag time.

My notifications of thread replies and PMs still aren't working so it's not that I'm ignoring you, I'm just not checking daily.

Thanks for your support!

Deano K.Attachment 16224

As seen from the eyes of a driver.

Took this last night with a mag light. Think you see can see the advantage to having these reflectors installed.

So even if your bike is sitting in a parking lot, there is extra safety.

Well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridlikhel View Post
    Took this last night with a mag light. Think you see can see the advantage to having these reflectors installed.

So even if your bike is sitting in a parking lot, there is extra safety.

Well worth the money.

Sitting in a parking lot at night (parked) is something I hadn't considered. Just might keep some knucklehead from backing into the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I had applied my decals and was going to take pictures. But I did not because I was sort of unhappy with a couple of air bubbles and creases (that I made) in the reflective film.

I had applied them on a day when it was hot and muggy out, mosquito's were biting me, I was in a foul mood and my mind was elsewhere with other work related issues. Not the best time to be applying decals to the backside of my bike I guess.

The decals are well cut; for the area that they are to be applied to on the back of the F6B. They do line up well against the black center rear fender areas. I will be ordering another set and re-apply them in the fall; when it's a little less humid and muggy out; and all da damned mosquito's are killed off...
    I have a few bubbles in mine that I too am not happy with. I saw where someone said they used hot soapy water to apply the decals. Perhaps the soapy water allows the decal to slide around on the plastic bike without adhering. I guess when the water dries the adhesive backing still works to adhere the decals to the bike?? Regardless…I need a "do over" on my left panel.