Rear Reflective Panels - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rear Reflective Panels

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I have a few bubbles in mine that I too am not happy with. I saw where someone said they used hot soapy water to apply the decals. Perhaps the soapy water allows the decal to slide around on the plastic bike without adhering. I guess when the water dries the adhesive backing still works to adhere the decals to the bike?? Regardless…I need a "do over" on my left panel.
    Deano K remarks that in his instruction sheet that he sends out with the decals; but it is not his recommendation... it is a suggestion that he has heard from others.

The soapy water method works with window decals... I would not use it with the 3M reflective panels. It is a different animal.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Deano K remarks that in his instruction sheet that he sends out with the decals; but it is not his recommendation... it is a suggestion that he has heard from others.

The soapy water method works with window decals... I would not use it with the 3M reflective panels. It is a different animal.
    I wouldn't think it would work either...but check out post # 38....guess it worked for DD. I may have to try it next time...

I've wet mounted many a 3m decal. On plastic saddlebags as well. Works just fine.
    My other baby!
    [IMG] photo sigpic574691_2.gif_zpsrp7xvnxu.jpeg[/IMG]
    1974 F250 4X4 Cummins 12v, NV4500 , np205, Dana 60 Front, GM 14 bolt rear.
    Cummins swap/truck upgrade thread http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/show....php?t=1181279

Quote Originally Posted by Ridlikhel View Post
    Took this last night with a mag light. Think you see can see the advantage to having these reflectors installed.

So even if your bike is sitting in a parking lot, there is extra safety.

Well worth the money.

Any chance of getting a pic of it in daylight.....although the reflective abilities of the product are most important I was also interested in what it looked like on the bike.....assuming being a 3M product it just fades into the background?

Quote Originally Posted by co425 View Post
    I've wet mounted many a 3m decal. On plastic saddlebags as well. Works just fine.
    Ordering another set then for another try.....

It sucks (and is expensive) to be so picky that a few bubbles bother the heck out of me!

I wouldn't think it would work either...but check out post # 38....guess it worked for DD. I may have to try it next time...
    Quote Originally Posted by co425 View Post
    I will have to try that method then. I wish I saw the decals on the back of Dickie's bike when I was at the Rally. I wasn't looking specifically for them (forgot).

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I got a few pinhead size bubbles on the first one, and was determined to be more careful on the second.... Got more on it. I'm wondering if using a needle to burst the bubbles might allow the air to escape, yet be a small enough hole that it is unnoticable? Anybody want to try? I must admit, although they are barely noticable, they bug the hell out of me.

Ordering another set then for another try.....

It sucks (and is expensive) to be so picky that a few bubbles bother the heck out of me!
    Same here... but we want to to be PERFECT

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Sorry, I see that I missed Horn Blower's earlier post - heading out to the garage with a needle! Will, I think you're probably f@#cked with a wrinkle though...

I applied the stickers a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't really looked closely since, but when I just went down to try getting rid of the bubbles, there they were - gone! Almost all of them have disappeared. That makes me think the material is somewhat permiable and the air eventually escapes..