Rear Reflective Panels - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rear Reflective Panels

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I applied the stickers a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't really looked closely since, but when I just went down to try getting rid of the bubbles, there they were - gone! Almost all of them have disappeared. That makes me think the material is somewhat permiable and the air eventually escapes..
    Just went to the garage and checked mine...the bubbles are still there. Ya had me going there for a minute!

Don't let Perfect spoil Good Enough. cueman

Nice Accent

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I LIKE what you did with that DOT red tape; on the bottom outer rear areas of the bike

I've got some of the same reflective strips myself. When I installed my new Clearview windshield this last week; I used some of the red reflective and attached it to the plastic plate under the front upper fairing fascia. I know that red is a on the front of a vehicle but this is sort of more of an "accent"... not sure of the visibility of it at night yet... but it looks

With the headlights on at night... I don't think the red reflective will be that visible anyway; if you were looking at it dead on.... but then again... maybe not.

How did you get those in there so nicely? I think your right about the cars coming at you at night not being able to see them but if your bike was parked in a parking lot at night I am sure they would get someone attention when their car lights hit them alerting them to the fact your 6 was parked there, Safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    How did you get those in there so nicely? I think your right about the cars coming at you at night not being able to see them but if your bike was parked in a parking lot at night I am sure they would get someone attention when their car lights hit them alerting them to the fact your 6 was parked there, Safety first.
    If you remove the windshield garnish (front fairing piece below the windshield) ; you will see a piece of black plastic that is immediately behind those two front slots in the windshield garnish. All you have to do is clean is from road film (if any) and apply your favorite decals/reflectors to it. Then just reinstall the windshield garnish.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I looked but did not see any of these reflector panels at Franklin....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I looked but did not see any of these reflector panels at Franklin....
    They were there but not that obvious in the daytime. You didn't look at the back of my bike? At night, anyone behind can't miss them
    Ken (Hornblower)

True... maybe in Oct !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I was playing with making the rear reflective panels today, I put a non-reflective layer of vinyl down first in a contrast color (i have the yellow stripes on the sides) and then inset the red reflective a little. If you've ever tried you remove reflective vinyl, you'll understand why the underlayment. I think I'm going to change it to matte black where the yellow is and come up with some design to cut in the red reflective part.. Attachment 16927
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

That is a nice accent; with the yellow. Do you have yellow accents anywhere else on the bike?

Those red reflective decals really hide well in the paint... sans accent too.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That is a nice accent; with the yellow. Do you have yellow accents anywhere else on the bike?

Those red reflective decals really hide well in the paint... sans accent too.
    Yes, have yellow on the saddle bag sides also. I just put something under the reflective because it is a real b*$^& to take off otherwise. It like to come off in chunks instead of one piece like regular vinyl will. PICT0185.jpgPICT0190.jpg or maybe I should make it yellow/black reflective and match the trunk lid.
    Attachment 16933
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200